Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drinking

x2x
10-08-2004, 09:41 AM
im 19 years old and been goin to gym regularly and been at it for about 2 years on and off cos of uni commitments etc.

well everybody who goes to uni( well nearly) goes clubbin , but i have to drink when i go, cos i dun dance n tats the onli thing to do.

my question is when u drink and do resistance training does it really affect ur health. cos wat i thought was that u could use the alcohol and turn it into muscle. but the exact opposite happens to me, and i lose muscle mass. Need some advice=)
thanks

LT1 Kayker
10-09-2004, 02:57 AM
Depends what you drink. Beer has lots of carbs that you could potentially turn to energy and muscle or whatever, but it dehidrates you pretty fast. I wouldn't think that any type of alch. is too good for muscle building. Hard liquors wont do anything to help build muscle, so dont even try there.

BTW...your 19 and clubs serve you? Im guessing you have a fake ID, and from your typing skills I would suggest not drinking as much if you want to muscle build :grinno: anyways...basically alchohol isnt too good of a drink if you are planning on using it to make mass with working out. Sorry to disapoint.

kittedb18bt
10-09-2004, 03:50 AM
i am drunk, but i am into bodybuilding. if you do it once a week, do not worry about it. more important than anything else you need to maintain a proper sleep schedule.

it does NOT matter what you drink, they all have about the same amount of calories and carbs. alcohol is considered a simple carb, yet maintains 7 calories per gram, yet a simple carb yields 4 grams per carb. yes, it is worse for you than eating sugar. oh well, once a week means VERY little, and i am about as serious as they get.

what you need to worry about is hyration.

geez, i cannot type. need to rehydrate-need to obtain simple carbs to aid in absorption of sodium and potassium (electrolytes). sleep well.

04BlackVitz
10-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Alcohol also robs water from the body. So drink plenty of water inbetween alcoholic drinks.

LotusDreams
11-02-2004, 04:43 PM
:agree:

TapouT
01-10-2005, 07:17 PM
agree just don't drink and lift weights. But a few drinks won't hurt as long as you take care of yourself

Add your comment to this topic!