3 way speaker?? component speaker system?

EaCcOrdV6VTEC3rX
02-16-2002, 04:13 AM
pros? cons?
i dont kno any thing about them
any info will help
thanks;)

GSteg
02-16-2002, 04:22 AM
3 ways are good if you just want to upgrade your factory speakers. its much easier to install than the components. usually it will cost less. but for sound quality, the component wins. with a separate tweeter, you can mount them anywhere for optimal imaging. a crossover is included so each speakers will play musical notes within their frequency range. the cons for components is that usually you would have to look over $150 for a decent one. if money is not a problem, a component system should be perfect.

igo4bmx
02-16-2002, 06:44 PM
u can get 2 ways and 3 ways with external cross overs... but usually the tweeter blocks the midbass from playing clearly...

xivera
02-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by igo4bmx
but usually the tweeter blocks the midbass from playing clearly...
Actually, the tweeter does not block the midbass... Nowadays, manufactuers use a passive crossover (RLC circuit... very small).

Anyway, I'm confused, EaCcOrdV6VTEC3rX...
Are you asking about 2/3 way speakers (otherwise known as co/tri-axials)? Or, are asking about 2/3 way component speaker sets which uses 2 - 3 drivers (tweeters, midrange and woofer)?

Some people don't demand very much from their system so, they opt for co/tri-axials. Plus, they are relatively cheap and the install is less involved. (Just replace the present full range speaker w/ a co/tri-axial!)
Mounted properly these my suffice...
But, if you demand better sound quality where you have dedicated drivers for each assigned frequency (tweeters: highs, midranges: mids, woofer: lows down to 30Hz, subwoofer: 150Hz - 20Hz = BASS!) These are more involved (sometimes elaborate) in install and can get more expensive.

LjasonL
02-17-2002, 01:39 AM
i only use components. pros: generally sounds better, cons: $$$

xivera
02-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Personally, I prefer components especially for the front... Focal Polyflex components provide my front stage. :)

sparq
02-17-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by xivera
Personally, I prefer components especially for the front... Focal Polyflex components provide my front stage. :) Im not too happy with you young man... you changed the pic to some ugly chick, put the old "web cam chick" back up she was super hot! :finger4:

But to answer the question... if you just want better sound, go with a 2 way, 3 way or hell now even 4 way speaker type setup. However if your a perfectionist like me and demand the uttermost control over your sound get yourself a set of kick pods and component speakers and goto town! :devil:

igo4bmx
02-17-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by xivera

Actually, the tweeter does not block the midbass... Nowadays, manufactuers use a passive crossover (RLC circuit... very small).

yo i just meant they don't fully develop a complete woofer since when they have a tweer there.. they make a hole right in the center of the woofer to make the mount for it..

xivera
02-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by igo4bmx
yo i just meant they don't fully develop a complete woofer since when they have a tweer there.. they make a hole right in the center of the woofer to make the mount for it..
Oh... yeah... I follow... another reason not to get co/tri-axials :devil: :D

92 Teg-B18A
02-18-2002, 01:59 AM
I got a pair of 6.5" Ultimate Components in the front and a pair of 6.5" Three way sony xplod's in the rear. Today I found a song that made the sony's distort but the Ultimates delivered the goods. Now it could just be the difference in the two brands. But I preffer Components over a pair of three ways for sure! :D:D

igo4bmx
02-18-2002, 09:17 AM
yeah with a fully developed midbass woofer.. it will make all the difference..

sfenton311
06-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Where is a good place to learn a little more about the two? I am looking for a system to put in my car, but I just want pure quality. I don't want 15 15" subs, and 20 10" subs, and 18 6 x 9s. I want a replacement for factory PLUS (1) sub, I want them all HIGH QUALITY. What's the suggestion? Oh, it's a civic Si too, so something that matches that kinda of budget. No boston stuff. I like fosgate, and JL, but only because an audio friend really liked them...

sofast
06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
You will get superior sound quality from Components. Yes they are $$$$$$y but you will settle for nothing less once you own a set.

CBFryman
09-12-2004, 12:20 PM
personally i prefer the sound of 4-6.5" midbass and 1'' silk or titanium tweeters....midbass in the doors and tweters somewhere up higher....and then of corse a woofer in the back....but for ease of instalation if yo uare just looking for improved sound over stock then coxals are a good option...most of the time they just replace the stock speakers and can often use the OEM wireing and OEM head unit....

Add your comment to this topic!