Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leaf Spring Bushing replacement

KingCMK
10-07-2004, 08:58 PM
What's up? Had a few question, and figured I'd ask some Tacoma enthusiast before I just went and did something. My problem is that the rear end springs make annoying sqeaking noises while riding around. They are especially annoying at slow speeds such as in a parking lot with my windows down. Anyways, I thought that maybe it was the rust and corrosion on the springs contacting itself and creating the sqeaking. I also thought that maybe the bushing(since they are OEM rubber) that they had dried out from my mudding adventures and were creating the noise.
Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what was the cause?

If its the spring corrosion, would a sleeved grease method work to re-lube the springs?

If its the bushings that have gone bad, is that a do it yourself project during the weekend, or will I need special pressing equipment to press the new bushings into the spring housings?

New bushings? Anyone have a good suggestion for poly bushings?

And finally, I'll probably replace my shocks at the same time. What's a good all-around shock that won't cost too much money?

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and I :biggrin: hope that somebody has the answers.

KingCMK
10-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Anyone, anyone, Bueler, Bueler? Anyone else have the same squeaking in their leaf springs, or am I the only one? Is there anything I can do to fix this other than paying toyota a large sum of money to replace all the parts back OEM?

Tred
11-03-2004, 11:59 PM
I have the same sqeaking that started around September. I'm thinking it might be a seasonal thing. I do not know why it's squeaking or if it's bad or the fix for it. Sorry. I would like to know the life of suspensions and leaf springs though!

lifetrddeath
11-04-2004, 12:54 AM
I was reading on another forum that greasing them up should help alot. It should decrease any/all squeaking and allow for better movement.

wrigley123
11-04-2004, 04:43 AM
I have an '03 tacoma mini that has 40,000 miles on it. I drive it daily. I have had the same squeak as far back as I can remember.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!