Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 buick lesabre custom is vibrating at 1500 to 2500 rpms

92lesabredriver
10-07-2004, 01:46 PM
hello all buick lovers... just bought a 92 buick lesabre custom tan/gold paint with tan leather nice car but.... it is idling rough and when i accelerate moderately not fast not slow just reg. when i hit about 1500 rpms it vibrates real bad and only stops if i punch it or let off the accelerator completely. i dont understand it no one ive talked to has ever heard of it. its not the axles or the drive train i dont believe. i think it has to be something with the fuel system or i dont know any suggestions would be much apreciated. and no the service engine soon light only comes on once in a blue moon for like 5-10 secs then goes out. so the mech. told me he cant get a code cause it doesnt hold it when the light goes out so im lost help me find my way.... JB

Lesabrelover
10-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Replace the spark plugs and wires and the fuel filter.

92lesabredriver
10-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Replace the spark plugs and wires and the fuel filter.
Did that as soon as i got it, but nothin changed i also did a transmission flush a oil change and put some fuel injector cleaner in also no difference

92lesabredriver
10-07-2004, 05:37 PM
someone told me it could be the motor mounts but how could that be it only does it at that certain rpm?? im lost as hell its not a normal vibration either its quite severe and when im sittin in traffic it idles real rough and low under 1000 rpm about 500 or 600

yogi_123rd
10-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Have a mechanic checkout the harmonic balancer. It's a heavy cast wheel that a pulley mounts to at the front end of your crankshaft. It's purpose is to dampen vibrations.

buickmastermind
10-09-2004, 07:46 PM
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. CHECK THE IGNITION COILS. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. pull the wires of the posts, and if you see a weak, uneven spark, or no spark at all, Problem: Found.

girlmechanic
10-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I am having the same problem, I changed the ignition module, cause the check engine light came on, but i went to autoone when it was on, and that was the code, the problem is still there. I checked the wires and plugs too. It shakes so bad when you accelerate, unless you gun it or let off the gas. It is a fuel problem for sure, when you are at idle you can hear the missing from the exhaust, and very little white smoke. just cant figure this one out, I just got this car and dont know whats been replaced. It was fine till all the sudden I am driving about 20 min, stop at a store turn it off, when i turn it back on its doing this. It seems simple. but since I am new to the car dont know where to start. I checked what I thought it would be.

10-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Huh. Damn 92s. I put 150,000+ on a set of spark plugs, never missed a beat. They don't even look like spark plugs anymore... I keep them on my desk to amuse me. The filiment on several of them is burned clear into the insulator. The gap is like... .075 instead of .060. Never missed a beat, started right up and purred.

1994buick
09-22-2005, 04:28 AM
I see your old post (Below)...i am having shaking between 45 and 60 mph...in my 1994 buick lasabre. No one knows reason.
I'm told probable wiring problem ...fuel injector on #5 to PCM/// or replace the Power Control Module?
Did you solve your problem? What was it..
I hope you get this....
could reply to cmj777@sbcglobal.net
Thanks

QUOTE=92lesabredriver]hello all buick lovers... just bought a 92 buick lesabre custom tan/gold paint with tan leather nice car but.... it is idling rough and when i accelerate moderately not fast not slow just reg. when i hit about 1500 rpms it vibrates real bad and only stops if i punch it or let off the accelerator completely. i dont understand it no one ive talked to has ever heard of it. its not the axles or the drive train i dont believe. i think it has to be something with the fuel system or i dont know any suggestions would be much apreciated. and no the service engine soon light only comes on once in a blue moon for like 5-10 secs then goes out. so the mech. told me he cant get a code cause it doesnt hold it when the light goes out so im lost help me find my way.... JB[/QUOTE]

patjr
09-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi,
I want to replace the fuel filter on my 92 lasbre but I cannot find it's location. Help?
patjr

spinne1
09-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi,
I want to replace the fuel filter on my 92 lasbre but I cannot find it's location. Help?
patjr

It is under the car, on the passenger side, behind the engine and in the curved part of the floor where the exhaust fits into. Basically a foot or so behind the firewall if I had to guess. You can't miss it. It is a large silver round thing with two gas lines attached to it. (When you get your new filter, DON'T pull of the plastic tabs off of each end of the filter--they are a vital part of the installation.)

Add your comment to this topic!