Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

XXX or Brahma 15

snb778
10-07-2004, 10:46 AM
I have been doing a TON of research, trying to find out if i should get a brahma15" extreme, or the RE 15 (which i cant find ANY information on as far as specs go, so please send me links!!). I am going to be running 2 1500watt autotek amps, and i want to get 2 subs. Now the Max on the brahma is 4800 watts, yet i hear a lot of people saying if you are gonna go more power, go with the XXX, why is this? Opinions needed please!

Document C
10-07-2004, 11:07 AM
RE website: www.reaudio.com

Ok first off you do NOT need 4800 watts for either of these subs, they reach their full X at about 1000-1200 watts and giving them 4800 could even be described as dangerous.

Now as to which sub to get that really is a personal preference. The best way I think I've ever heard the two compared was "The Brahma is a great sounding sub that gets loud while the XXX is a loud sub that sounds great."

sr20de4evr
10-07-2004, 11:30 AM
you definitely don't need all that much power for either

If you were comparing a regular Brahma to the XXX then I would go with the XXX because of the better power handling, but I have a feeling the Brahma extreme would be even better than the XXX, so I'm not sure what would be the best choice. Why do you want to get so loud though? Are you competing? Either one in a 15" will get more than loud enough for any daily driver out there, especially ported.

snb778
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Is the Renosant ME more pwerful than the XXX? And yes i want to go into competition, but i do pound as a daily driver, every day, all day. I have 1 1500 watt autotek amp going to 2 solobaric l7's (12's) and im hitting around 150 db as is, BUT I WANT MORE! Which has better SQ, the Brahma or the XXX (or MT)

Document C
10-07-2004, 12:32 PM
The MT is in no way a SQ driver it is meant for one thing and one thing only...PURE BEASTLY SPL!

And the SQ on the Brahma vs the XXX is subjective some people say the brahma has bit more sq but its very very subjective, try to find a shop around you that has them and compare the 2 for yourself.

snb778
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
So your saying when all said and done, the xxx's can get louder, assuming both subs are tuned to their best at 1500 each, or is it just to close to tell

sr20de4evr
10-07-2004, 12:52 PM
At max excursion, the XXX would be slightly louder (emphasize "slightly") simply because it can move farther, but the Brahma is more efficient than the XXX, so until you hit the limits of the Brahma it should be slightly louder than the XXX watt for watt. Where you hit the limits of the Brahma would all depend on the box and the frequency you're playing. I don't think 1500 would be able to do it anywhere around tuning, but at higher and lower frequencies (definitely lower frequencies) it might be able to.

Add your comment to this topic!