Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rumbling and strange sound from the rear

SpikeSpiegel1SC
10-07-2004, 10:33 AM
I have a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville, every time i start the car theres a wierd sound and rumbling from the back of the car. Kinda like like a humb only stronger and louder, at first i thought this was the fuel pump doing something but i have no idea. Anybody know what this could be. Also where the heck is my radio attenna? Anybody know this? Thanks.

coolkat25
11-06-2004, 07:50 AM
I have a 2001 Pontiac Bonneville, every time i start the car theres a wierd sound and rumbling from the back of the car. Kinda like like a humb only stronger and louder, at first i thought this was the fuel pump doing something but i have no idea. Anybody know what this could be. Also where the heck is my radio attenna? Anybody know this? Thanks.

Hi spike, I have similiar noise,(2000 sle) I think it is the ride control.(if equipped)This noise last 10 - 15 seconds. Antenna front windshield.

richtazz
11-06-2004, 10:37 AM
if you have the auto-level suspension, I agree with cool, it's your compressor. He's also correct about your antenna, it's in the windshield.

SpikeSpiegel1SC
11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys, now it makes sence. I was worried at first lol. Kool spot for the atenna though, its inside or on the side or what, i cant see it lol. Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!