Car Alarm Sounds for No Reason

dwmitch
10-05-2004, 10:29 AM
I have a 2004 Impala.

This morning the car alarm sounded for no apparent reason. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The really odd thing is that my car is not equipped with the content theft-deterrent system...at least it does not show up on the options when you program settings on the radio. There was some heavy dew present on the car, but nothing real unusual.

It was as if my remote alarm button was pressed. Could it have been interference from something that caused it to actuate?

dwmitch
10-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Update:

Did some investigating, and I think the remote alarm button was accidently pressed on the second key fob I have. So in other words, no problem.

bermis519
10-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Sounds like someone was playing a trick on you...hehe...i do it all the time to my wife...gets her everytime....when she walks up to the car...i press the panic button, she shuts it off..then when she unlocks the doors the lights flash...after that i press the lock button and i have it set so the car doesn't do anything. She pulls the handle and the doors locked...hehe..then i make the car alarm go off when she pulls the handle.....cheap entertainment, you should try it....lol

mike

Add your comment to this topic!