Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my bird need a medic

85birdman
10-04-2004, 08:31 PM
hello bird lovers : im new here , and in need of help. i have a 85 t-bird ellan had it for 14 years. but i stop driving it three years ago and all heck broke loose my breaks are to the floor .. amp light stays on and it drags like he** it's like it stalls after i step on the gas going into first and second. any help. also why is the amp light on is it a fuseable link and how do i get to that.any help would be much appreciated.thanks:

RickwithaTbird
10-04-2004, 10:26 PM
did you stop driving it 3 years ago because of the problems? Or did you stop driving it 3 years ago, and now that you are driving it again you have these problems? because if you went that long without driving it I might expect all those problems.

85birdman
10-05-2004, 10:17 AM
i stop driving bcause of thee slugishness.and it just wouldn't start one day .i think also something is draining the battery.

RickwithaTbird
10-08-2004, 01:41 AM
you asked for a vacuum diagram the other day and I told you Id get that for you, well I have it scanned on my computer and ready to email, so you should email me with the email button in my post, and I'll reply to you with the diagram... that is, if you still need it. And just to make sure, that was the 1985 3.8L, right? well anyways, as soon as I hear from you I'll send ya that diagram.

Add your comment to this topic!