Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SLK Vario Roof squeak, how to stop

terrygar
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello to all, I just bought a 1999 SLK 230 and its great. I have a question: the Vario Roof squeaks some and I was wondering is there a way to lube it to quiet it down?

Another question: I need the emblem that sits in the center of the stock wheels, mines cracked.
Thanks to all.
Terry Gardiner

mikeyslk320
04-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Hello, the squeaks in my sll320 were also driving me mad! Last week, I stumbled upon the idea of rubbing petroleum jelly (ie vaseline) on all the the rubber seals on the roof. I paid particular attention to the rubber seal running the length of the top of the front windscreen (where the roof clips into place), and the one running the length of the back of the roof (where the roof folds when you retract the top). The car is now quiet and tight like a pin!

Hello to all, I just bought a 1999 SLK 230 and its great. I have a question: the Vario Roof squeaks some and I was wondering is there a way to lube it to quiet it down?

Another question: I need the emblem that sits in the center of the stock wheels, mines cracked.
Thanks to all.
Terry Gardiner

edMERCAMG
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi Terry,

Mercedes has a special lube that they rub on all the rubber parts on the vario roof and it also helps to do this every year so as not to dry out the rubbers from open roof driving

Thanks to all.
Terry Gardiner

Add your comment to this topic!