Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help

momma_of_a_marine
10-04-2004, 10:04 AM
I have a 1989 dodge ram d150 3.9 V6 throttle body,ive replaced the fuel filter,dist.cap,rotor, no warning lights on so not electrical,its flooding out,back fireing through carb,every now and then through tail pipe,ive eliminated the cat. converter, it is loading up you can smell the gas,takes forever to get up to 45mph,accelerator to the floor no spunk no get up and go,boging down, in hills gets down to like 35 when it's pulling,spitting and sputtering lungeing really bad anyone have any ideas? Thanks

milkman1
10-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Might check the map sensor it will make it do strange things. Your local auto zone can check it to see if its bad if you take it off and take it into them.

momma_of_a_marine
10-05-2004, 06:08 AM
i took it in to have them run the diagnostics,they said as long as i have no warning lights on it won't throw out any codes........they wouldnt even take the time to do it.

fredjacksonsan
10-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I'd try a different AutoZone, tell them some of the dash lights come on and off (true enough when you start it!) and get it checked. Also, you didn't mention that the plugs had been changed....how long have the plugs been in? Be interested to hear the solution.

momma_of_a_marine
10-07-2004, 08:42 AM
The plugs have been changed dunno what it is, I think i have to break down and take it in don't want to but, I think it's only way to figure it out. I figure let someone else figure it out my brain hurts :-) thanks

fredjacksonsan
10-07-2004, 08:46 AM
There's a couple of other posts about the same/similar problem on the 3.9, check this forum.....good luck with it.

BamaDodgenMX
10-07-2004, 10:33 PM
I have the same problem with my truck, 3.9 w/ EFI. The lungeing comes and goes, but it's always loading up on gas, makin it stall, and it likes to stall when coming to a stop. Nobody's been able to help me, even the shops I took it to.

momma_of_a_marine
10-08-2004, 06:20 AM
YEAH ! It's fixed took it in 250. bucks later clean injectors & B44 in the tank, won't run ethenal any more,Thanks every one.Have a good 1

Add your comment to this topic!