Intake Manifold Gasket

webgeek4
10-04-2004, 08:02 AM
I was told that my intake manifold gasket was leaking. I have two questions, how immediate is the need to fix this problem? Will I hurt the engine by not having it done right away? Also, is this something that can be done easily done by home mechanic vice an auto shop?

Thanks.

bearcatdon
10-04-2004, 08:08 PM
If your intake manifold is leaking that means that your mixing your oil and coolant so it is pretty serious. I wouldn't wait too long being that your oil will quickly lose its lubricating characteristics. The intake gasket is a big job but can be done at home if your comfortable with it. Would you change a head gasket? If the answer is yes go for it, if no then bring it to the shop.

webgeek4
10-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Thank you for your reply. I've sunken so much money into this thing over the past 8 months. Just not sure if its worth keeping it up. After each major fix, I think "this will hold me for a while" than a month later, something else. SIGH.

Thanks.

Fireplug
10-08-2004, 08:21 PM
what and where is it leaking antifreeze, oil both,
leaks into the engine, leaking outside the engine???

webgeek4
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
I was told it was "leaking" and that water was mixing with the oil. I have not seen any evidence of this myself, and it seems to be running ok, but wanted to ensure if there was a leak I wasn't seeing I am not hurting it by driving it. Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!