Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trinidad vs mayorga fight...

publicenemy137
10-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Did anyone see this fight?? Man that fight was off the hook. I can't believe how many hits Mayorga took and how long he stayed up for. I loved how in the first round he taunted trinidad to hit him and trinidad layed 2 left hooks and he still stood up. Although that was stupid, it was definetly entertaining. Trinidad is fucking awesome, I hope he gets a rematch with hopkins and kills his ass. His power punches were so accurate, I'd like to see him beat the golden pretty boy again then rise up and beat hopkins.

Masta
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
i'll have to agree, that fight was fucking AWESOME.

publicenemy137
10-03-2004, 12:02 PM
hmm not many boxing fans here... only 17 views. The real fights are with the lower weight classes. Heavyweights get the most attention just b/c the ppl are the biggest, but they are also the slowest and most boring. middle weight, welterweight, light, etc... are fast-paced and so much more entertaining to watch. Instead of two fat cows throwing a haymaker punch every 2 minutes, you actually see footwork, dodging, and combos

Masta
10-03-2004, 12:04 PM
haha so true, i dont care much about the heavyweight fights. last night's match seemed like it went by REAL quick.

publicenemy137
10-03-2004, 12:05 PM
yea it did, it was very entertaining that's why. Heavyweight matches seem to take forever, and you just want it to end. The 5 heavyweight fight classes they were advertising last night, are all going to be boring... I'd like to see Jermaine Taylor move up and fight some of the top people, he's a real good fighter.

Jas_M
10-03-2004, 12:40 PM
I can't believe how many hits Mayorga took and how long he stayed up for. I loved how in the first round he taunted trinidad to hit him and trinidad layed 2 left hooks and he still stood up. Although that was stupid, it was definetly entertaining. Trinidad is fucking awesome, I hope he gets a rematch with hopkins and kills his ass. His power punches were so accurate, I'd like to see him beat the golden pretty boy again then rise up and beat hopkins.

I couldn't believe how much punishment Mayorga took either. If he was more of a boxer than a brawler, it may have been a closer fight. Regardless, all credit is due to Trinidad, as he beat the shit out of Mayorga.
By the way, De La Hoya gave that fight away to Trinidad by dancing around for the last 4 or 5 rounds. Up to that point Oscar was beating him. Why he or his corner went with that strategy, i'll never understand. A rematch would bring more money for Trinidad ($20+ mil. vs $10-12 mil. against Hopkins), but De La Hoya isn't the same fighter he used to be. Trinidad would probably walk all over him. A rematch with Hopkins would be a much better option. He's the only guy to defeat Trinidad, and he still has the skills to stand in there and go toe to toe with him. I wouldn't pay to watch De La Hoya, but i would to see Trinidad against Hopkins.

publicenemy137
10-03-2004, 04:07 PM
de la hoya was good, but his prime is long gone. He's had too many disappointed losses. Though the public still will pay a hell of al ot of money to watch him. I would pay to watch de la hoya vs trinidad just b/c de la hoya supposedly is more aggressive, would make for an interesting fight. De la hoya now knows how to be a pussy and run away. also that was his first disappointing loss, he needs to prove himself.

Jas_M
10-03-2004, 09:25 PM
De La Hoya wouldn't win against Trinidad. He is a more aggressive fighter than Trinidad, but that won't do him any good now as he's past his prime. De La Hoya had his chance against Trinidad and he blew it, big time. You're right though, people would still pay the money to see them fight, but it'd be better spent on seeing Hopkins fight Trinidad again. Their rematch probably won't happen until the spring at the earliest. Hopkins is scheduled to fight on January 20th against Felix Sturm, i believe. Right now though, i'm looking forward to Barrera vs Morales. That one should be a war. :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!