Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 pontiac grand am

sugarg
10-02-2004, 02:03 PM
i have a huge prob. i hope someone can help me. my car started blowing fuses and everytime i replace the blown ones it blows them as soon as i start the car.anyone have any cluse that could help me figure out what is causing this.

richtazz
10-02-2004, 02:24 PM
what fuses are you blowing.? Check the fuseable links to see if one of the wires has worn thru causing a dead short

sugarg
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
the fuse is the pcm i'm not real sure what that is.someone i talked to said i could get something like a 20 amp breaker so when it blows i just pull it out and put it back in.it won't fix the prob but it would save on fuses.see we got stuck in traffic the other day because the fuse blew and we had to put a paper clip on the fuse to keep enough power going to get moving so we could get off the road. turns out we had to leave it in just to get the car to move again. two days later it blew again and melted the fuse and paper clip. i know it's not safe to do that but there wasn't much else we could do,other then sit there and get hit.hope you can help

sugarg
10-10-2004, 12:28 PM
thanks for the help but checked the wire and saw no prob.if theres a worn wire its where it can't be seen thanks

Add your comment to this topic!