Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Should I buy 1998 Cadillac Deville?

jazzpetals
10-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a 1998 Cadillac Deville with 57,000 miles on it. Still negotiating on the price, but it will be around $7,000.00.

This will be my first experience with Cadillac, are they reliable? Do they cost a lot to repair, or replace parts?

According to consumer reports, the reliability was rated below average...looking to find anyone who has owned a 98 and what their experience has been.

Thanks!

MagicRat
10-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Generally speaking, these caddys are a luxury bargain. I would not call them unreliable; they are much much better than in years past.
They might have the odd problem over the years that a Lexus or Infiniti might not have but they are MUCH cheaper to buy, insure, maintain and repair.
Your savings in $$$ over they years can more than cover the odd repair required.

MarkC
10-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a great price for the year and mileage! Compared to my friends BMW repairs that cost a small fortune, yours will be a bargain.

tonY_g
10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a great deal! I too am interested in a 98 or 99 deville... Looking for a good deal like you have...I know they drink gas since its a v8 but other than that told should be a great car!

HandofDoom
10-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Hit that deal man.You can't beat it.Ive owned Caddys all my life and they have always been great to me.the Northstar is one of the best engines on the market.Repairs are more costly that we may want them to be but are cheap compared to their competitors.Not to mention,they rarely need repairs.There very enjoyable,nice,luxurious,smooth riding and powerful cars.You'll like your Cadillac.Reliability is excellent.You'll never break down.

bluecadillac99
02-19-2005, 02:28 AM
i own a 99 cadillac deville it is awesome cant go wrong 57000 kinda high but oh well mine is a 99 with 35000 miles lower cadillac miles better over 60 u start replacing water pumps and belts and just odd stuff cadillacs are very good though

Add your comment to this topic!