Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Real street racing...

Supraman2063
10-01-2004, 08:40 PM
You know what pisses me off about these street racing games? They are all fake!! Do you honestly think real street racers put all that crap on their cars? Here is a real street racer: a 92-95 Honda Civic, lowered, with mismatched rims ( usually stock in front, custom in rear ), unpainted Z3-style fenders, black painted hood ( makes you think its carbon fiber ), and a cheap universal exhaust system. And the driver thinks he actually looks cool in that ugly ass car, leaning so far back in his seat that he can't see the road. That's real, my friends.

MasterChief1724
10-01-2004, 10:06 PM
:iagree: The game makers have it where you are the person that has tons of money to get the real stuff. There should be a game with the stuff you said. Be sort of like Tony Hawks Underground where you really have to work your ass off to get the real thing.

jon@af
10-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately, most gamers are kids who think that rice is the way to go, which is why most game companies make games the way they do. That is why I only buy Gran Turismo.

MasterChief1724
10-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Most kids are like that but thats what PC versions are for so you can mod them the way you want.

Shaguar47
10-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Gran Turismo is the only real racer so stick with it. Besides, the ricer market is huge thanks to Fast and Furious but the game companys are always looking for a way to get money out of your pocket no matter what.

pre98zetec
10-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Here is a real street racer: a 92-95 Honda Civic, lowered, with mismatched rims ( usually stock in front, custom in rear ), unpainted Z3-style fenders, black painted hood ( makes you think its carbon fiber ), and a cheap universal exhaust system.that's a ricer, not a racer.

Shaguar47
10-05-2004, 05:03 PM
:iagree:
A racer is something that has performance but not stickers, fart cans and huge ass tires.

A ricer has everyother thing besides performance

There's a big difference between the two.

phillyx2000
10-11-2004, 03:28 PM
here the street races consists of.. 93 - 04 Cobras, BMW M3's and M5's, Trans Am's, WS6's, Formulas, SS, Z28, 5.0 Mustang GT's, Mustang GT, Mach 1, Saleens, Roush, Corvettes, SRT-4, gti, and so on lol majority of them supercharged and turbocharged sometimes vipers come out sometimes bikes etc etc you know how it goes

JDMSupra
10-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Wish I lived there. Down here we have ugly little Honda Civic's that couldn't beat a school bus in the quarter mile. We need some real power here, not wannabe's.

Shaguar47
10-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Wish I lived there. Down here we have ugly little Honda Civic's that couldn't beat a school bus in the quarter mile.

Who the heck are you calling ugly?

JDMSupra
10-16-2004, 11:40 AM
uh i live in town and drive a crappy car and still try to drive it fast. the only good new thing on my car is the tires. some walmart roadmasters and some old alpines in the front hooked up to a crappy stock radio is my sound system. I also have a 12 in kicker but my radio has absolutely no bass and i have no clue why I have it.

Tiburon99
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
What the fuck is wrong with ricers? So what if we want to make our cars look good with performance to?

Origionaly posted by:Supraman2063
Here is a real street racer: a 92-95 Honda Civic, lowered, with mismatched rims ( usually stock in front, custom in rear ), unpainted Z3-style fenders, black painted hood ( makes you think its carbon fiber ), and a cheap universal exhaust system. And the driver thinks he actually looks cool in that ugly ass car, leaning so far back in his seat that he can't see the road. That's real, my friends.

That is actualy what a real ricer is, someone who does all of this performance shit done to their car but in the end lets the looks of the car go to crap. So what if we want big ass exaust, lambo doors crome rims and decals gallore? At leats our cars turn heads unlike a POS 1992 Civic shaved down to the primer then painted with a real light layer of black paint to make it look like carbon fiber.

Shaguar47
10-16-2004, 02:57 PM
At leats our cars turn heads unlike a POS 1992 Civic shaved down to the primer then painted with a real light layer of black paint to make it look like carbon fiber.

Exactly! Thank-you for saying that.

Masta
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
*shrugs* i'm a ricer :( i got engine swap, mix match rims, body kit, z3 fenders, decal on the front windshield.......intake/header/exhaust/cam/camgear/vafc/skunk2 short shifter.. ;) list goes on lol

actually i think a real ricer is someone that does shit to their car and really have no knowledge on what it does for the car. Or the people that put stickers and a big ass fucking wing on the car.

DirtyD777
11-05-2004, 07:31 AM
come on guys, ricers are easy to spot. They look like this:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/647000-647999/647140_103.jpg

:p

Imports615
11-06-2004, 11:20 PM
OK Supraman, yes there are people like the ones you described. But there are ones who know what there doin. Like my Uncles car. 98 SI black supercharged. Borla exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, Lowered, Black rims, tinted windows, too many engine internals too name. Theres plenty of people with nice cars.

eckoman_pdx
11-09-2004, 03:15 AM
OK Supraman, yes there are people like the ones you described. But there are ones who know what there doin. Like my Uncles car. 98 SI black supercharged. Borla exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, Lowered, Black rims, tinted windows, too many engine internals too name. Theres plenty of people with nice cars.

I just thought I'd point out there was no 98 Civic SI. The SI was 92-95 (D16Z6 powered Hatchback), 99-00 (B16A powered Coupe) and of course the K20A powered current 7th gen SI hatch (powered by the regular RSX K20).

Imports615
11-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh, not a big honda person myself. He has two cars a 98 Accord and 95 SI. Im more of a Mitsubishi and Nissan guy myself. I knew one was a 98, just wasnt sure which. Accord is still stock right now.

otter7467
11-12-2004, 04:26 PM
The more i think about it the less i car what ricers do to there cars. It just isn't important enough to me.

Sandhawk
12-10-2004, 12:49 AM
What the fuck is wrong with ricers? So what if we want to make our cars look good with performance to?

Origionaly posted by:Supraman2063
Here is a real street racer: a 92-95 Honda Civic, lowered, with mismatched rims ( usually stock in front, custom in rear ), unpainted Z3-style fenders, black painted hood ( makes you think its carbon fiber ), and a cheap universal exhaust system. And the driver thinks he actually looks cool in that ugly ass car, leaning so far back in his seat that he can't see the road. That's real, my friends.

That is actualy what a real ricer is, someone who does all of this performance shit done to their car but in the end lets the looks of the car go to crap. So what if we want big ass exaust, lambo doors crome rims and decals gallore? At leats our cars turn heads unlike a POS 1992 Civic shaved down to the primer then painted with a real light layer of black paint to make it look like carbon fiber.

Ill just ignore your post seeing that you DO drive a tiburon, I doubt you know much about performance.

Racer = Go before show
Ricer = Show before go

Simple as that.

hydralore
12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
:iagree:
A racer is something that has performance but not stickers, fart cans and huge ass tires.

A ricer has everyother thing besides performance

There's a big difference between the two.

what do you get if you put both together then lol

Add your comment to this topic!