Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 Legacy Outdoor TI....unusual model? Suspension Problems?

ChrisinNH
10-01-2004, 07:35 PM
It was touted as an Outback, but when I spoke to the fellow on the phone he informed me that it's in fact an 'Outdoor' and that the main problem with it is that the suspension in the rear needs to be replaced. Pretty common with these cars? Pretty expensive? It looks like regular struts can be put in it perhaps? Anyone have any experience with air suspension problems in these Subarus? It's got 200K on it, many of the miles highway...a family vehicle, well maintained and ready for the road with the exception of the rear suspension needing repair (struts and the air suspension portion no longer functions...one hears a hissing sound when it tries he tells me) ...the dealer says that it's a $1000 job...pretty steep for rear struts it seems to me but who knows, it may be true. Am I insane for even considering this car I wonder with the suspension problems and the high mileage?

Thanks for any input and advice.

ChrisinNH

greenleg
10-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Chris- for replacement air struts it could cost that much. You could pay less for converting all 4 to spring/struts. Follow the threads at: www.ultimatesubaru.net/forum/archive/index.php/f-3.html. There are 2 or 3 threads there that should give you a better understanding of the issue. The air suspension problem is common.

Add your comment to this topic!