Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Malibu Sound sys.

Kawlypso
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
hey guys, i'm new to the whole car mod thing in general, so...be gentle. So, i have a 97 chevy malibu, and i'd like some better speakers put in, i just bought a HU a couple days ago, pioneer 3600, did some research and found out that it fit, and i liked it. What size speakers would fit in front, and what about in the back? First though, I would like to get a nice sub, either one big one, or 2 small ones, because i like to listen to techno, and i love to hear the deep bass. would i also need an amp? in what cases would i absolutely need an amp? I have about $250 that i can spend(do not mind buying off ebay), and i would like the sub(s) to go in the trunk, but i'd like it to be kind of space considerate, because i travel a lot, and need space to put luggage also. i dont need a gargantuan subwoofer taking up all but 2 inches of my trunk. you help is appreciated, thanks in advance for answers. i'd probably have to find someone to install this for me, outside of the $250 budget. thanks a lot guys.

Kawlypso

Haibane
09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
for 250 you can get a good prostitute ;)

Kawlypso
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
thanks man
i'll look into that after i can blow her clothes off with my sound system haha

Haibane
09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
What I meant by that is you wont be able to get squat for 250 if you are wanting sub(s) and amp(s)..

P.s. sub without amp= just a big paperweight.

The only thing you can get for this money worth anything is one audiobahn sub svc 4ohm, or a tempest/shiva and a profile amp. MEANING... you have to make your own box. You can not rely on audiobahn for giving you a good suggestion box wise.

Kawlypso
10-01-2004, 04:32 AM
wow, i feel stupid, lol. I couldnt even get one online? that sucks...hmm, ill just have to save a little more i guess. how much do you think i'd need? oh, and about my speakers, what sizes would fit?

Haibane
10-01-2004, 07:29 AM
www.crutchfield.com will tell you sizes... As for how much you need. What quality do you want and what all do you want to do? I would say possibly close to 600-800 or more

bumpinstang77
10-01-2004, 12:00 PM
woah woah no.... do not get audiobahn.... a shiva or tempest will do much better and audiobahns are garbage on techno they do horrible with the fast beats and audiobahn subs are no where near what a shiva or tempest is. I think shivas are on sale again for 115 shipped from www.visionaryaudio.com go to the adire page. Shiva is a 12 tempest is a 15 they will both have great sq the tempest will get louder but its 150 and the shiva is 115 normally 125. Another sub option which i personally would like better is going with an se 12 from resonant engineering www.reaudio.com it will run you around 200 bucks maybe a little bit less shipped but it will impress the hell out of you. Get a profile ca600 to power a shiva/tempest or ca600m for the se from ebay it will be like 90 bucks or so shipped then you gunna have to buy a sheet of mdf screws and caulk which shouldn't be more then 40 bucks and build a box. Let someone on here know once you decide what your going with and they can help you out on your box design.

Haibane
10-01-2004, 12:39 PM
bumpinstang... if you put some of the better bahns in a properly built ported box(not audiobahn's recommended) they actually can perform pretty well for the cost.

Kawlypso
10-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I think i'm gonna go with the shiva, but i dont know how to build a box, and i can find a cheap amp, i found that ca600 for about $100, so i think i'll get those. i dont know whether to risk installing this stuff myself, i dont wanna mess with wiring, or to pay to have someone do it, i dont mind building the box myself, i just dont know how

EDIT: would getting 2 shiva's make a difference in bass/sound?

sr20de4evr
10-01-2004, 03:21 PM
the ca600 puts out a bit too much power for one shiva, but it would be alright as long as you have some self control when it comes to turning it down when you hear distortion. That amp won't work well at all for a pair of shivas, plus a box for a pair of shivas would be huge. I think one ported shiva on that amp should work very well.

Add your comment to this topic!