Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling Question????

bermis519
09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
I have a 2000 impala thats the biggest piece of crap that i have ever owned. I have had many, problems with it, way to many to list....but was always i have another few hundred questions.

1. When I drive the car, the temperature gauge reads normal like it should. When it sits and idles (no a/c running) the temp gauge goes about three notches past half way on the gauge...almost to 230-240. Once it reaches that point it won't go up or back down until either i start driving it...or i turn on the a/c. The cooling fans won't kick on until about 220 and then they cycle on and off rather quickly and don't really stay on to cool the car. It doesn't overheat or anything like that. I had the thermostat changed and didn't change anything. I also had the coolant flushed not all that long ago. (which is another question) I still had this problem before the thermostat and flush was done. I'm just wondering what trips the cooling fans to come on...(be technical too please). Is there a way to turn them on manually via a switch.

2. I just recently had a intake manifold gasket replaced because antifreeze was leaking all over in the engine compartment for the intake manifold. They replaced it and they also put new coolant in it. Well it's been a few months and i checked the coolant and it's a nice dark orange and i have no idea why...i thought maybe it was from the engine running hot and burned the antifreeze...if thats possible. Any info would be great...

I'm tired of taking this pile of shit to the dealership all the time and dumping money into is so they can tell me whats going wrong with it...and then have to spend all the rest in parts and labor...i'm getting really sick and tired of this car.....I think since i have had it...i put about $5,000 dollars into it...maybe more. But i'm so far under it i can't get rid of it!!!!!!!! Then when i go into the dealership to tell them whats wrong with it...i start to get really upset and they tell me my attitude isn't neseccary....i told them to drive my car for a week and then come talk to me. I will never ever buy another impala and if somoene has a number that i could call i would appreciate it so greatly because they are going to listen to my whole story!!!!

thanks guys....
you all have saved me what little money i have left...

mike

kuhurdler
10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
""Then when i go into the dealership to tell them whats wrong with it...i start to get really upset and they tell me my attitude isn't neseccary....""

Maybe you should stop swearing at the people that you're asking for help. Show some respect for yourself and others. By the way, the antifreeze should be orange before its even put in your car.

Add your comment to this topic!