Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clutch squeaking

gsr916
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Anyone had ever had any squeaking problems with a brand new ACT clutch (or any clutch for that matter). sounds like a bad throwout bearing although the throwout bearing is brand new (1 day old). i just put it in yesterday ahhhhhhhh

superbluecivicsi
10-01-2004, 01:33 AM
DEJAVU :wink:

Did you use hi temp grease?

gsr916
10-01-2004, 11:18 PM
i didnt install it personally but the guy that works on my car is a top of the line mechanic i doubt he forgot to lube it up.... think it will go away on its own?

superbluecivicsi
10-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Im done with my clutchmaster 3 and 8.5 lbs flywheel install tonight. No squeeks for me. i made sure there was enough hi temp anti sieze grease on all balls on the fork, throw out bearing, slave cylinder ball, spindle, and axle spindles. I doubt mine will ever squeek. Maybe in a few years it will.

My hatch has been squeeking for 2+ years already. No problems here, besides it just being annoying.

think it will go away on its own

You should hope so, though I doubt it will.

gsr916
10-02-2004, 02:55 AM
you have given me false hope lol. it squeaked all fuckin day yesterday, and today when i went to school but went a-fuckin-way when i went to the mechanics shop. its back again tho, doesnt surprise me, i have horrible luck. FUCK i hate squeaks.

Add your comment to this topic!