97 Jimmy - Mounting Driving Lights?

SpectreSE
09-29-2004, 08:23 PM
I have a 1997 Jimmy SLS with a full-size brush guard mounted on the frame rails adjacent to the tow hooks.

I would like to install some driving lights - not on the grille guard bar in front of the grille opening, but somewhere below the bumper level.

I appears that the aftermarket valence panels or air dams I have seen will not accomodate the mounting of my grille guard.

Has anyone come up with a way to mount driving/fog lamp assemblies in this manner on the '97 front end?

I thought about buying a 1998+ valence panel, but my body shop stated it would require buying a whole new front bumper assembly due to the body style/headlight/grille changes that occurred in '98.

Thanks...

1cowboyfan
10-14-2004, 01:00 PM
My 96 has cut outs in the valence and a pair of 15$ autozone specials worked fine

SpectreSE
10-16-2004, 08:39 AM
My '97 4x4 also has two cutouts in the valance, but the tow hooks extend through that opening and there is no room for lights. I was hoping to keep the tow hooks.

Also if the lamps were powerful enough in that position, the heat they would throw off would undoubtedly melt the rubber facing edge protector that goes around the full brush guard that sits in front of the holes.

I was hoping to locate an aftermarket valence with four holes, somewhat like on the Olds Bravada, where the foglamps install in the valance panel at the far edges of the front end.

Street Scenes had such a valance, but it extends downwards and cannot be used with a brush guard that mounts on the frame rails.

Thanks...

Add your comment to this topic!