Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for a car for my gf. Need some help

y2icon
09-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Well me and my gf's 2 yr anniversary is coming up and i know she wants a new car. The thing is whenever i look for a car for her its always something i want. So i need some female input.
Only requirement

Has to be an American car(had a alot of trouble with her sentra and doesnt want another import)

thanks in advance chris

YukiHime
09-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Get a Civic...Made in Ohio...Nice looking, Easy to handle for new driver, LOTS of aftermarket parts...I'm sure she loves it...
Or Mazda 3 is also a nice one.

89IROC&RS
10-02-2004, 12:44 PM
um, my only question (seeing as im not a girl, and therefore wont give input) but even though this is the girls racer section, isnt it a honda forum? so why would you be asking about only american cars????

ah screw it ill give advice, well, if youre lookin at civic sized cars, check out cavaliers, the only downside is the cheezy plastic interiors, but a manual with an ecotec is a quick little squirt, and the gearbox is awesome, they also sell turbo kits for up around 250hp, which is more than my IROC stock. also, did ya know that with a little work, you can put the AWD system from an astrovan into an automatic equipped cav???? ;) im working on figuring out how to do it with a manual. But also, keep in mind the new cobalts coming out, im not sure what the interior is like, but GM has been on the upswing in regards to that, still a little behind most imports, but its not bad. and the cobal will have a superchaged ecotec with 220hp stock. you could also look at the dodge SRT neon. from what i hear its a little badass. i could suggest a ford product, but why? um. in the way of domestic cars, thats really all i have for ya.

y2icon
10-03-2004, 04:23 AM
thanks iroc was thinking of getting or sharing the camaro i am getting but need something with good gas mileage

y2icon
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
what do you ladies think about the chevy cobalt?

PedalPusher
10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
what about the saturn ion redline.
or the neon srt-4

or instead of japanes, get european like the new vw golf r32?

dayna240sx
10-05-2004, 09:24 PM
What an awesome boyfriend! You are buying your GF a new car for her birthday? The only car my boyfriend ever bought me is a $750 RX-7 convertible.

What about a SVT focus?

y2icon
10-06-2004, 12:59 AM
not for birthday for 2 yr anniversary keep in mind that gas mileage is one of the top things and the cobaly had the highest gas mileage for american cars and it looks good

drvngstorm05
10-16-2004, 04:46 PM
no offense man but it sounds like u already have ur sights set on a cobalt, so what are u askin for lol? anyway, get a cobalt ss supercharged coupe, those are sexy :iceslolan

y2icon
10-17-2004, 04:57 AM
thats an option drvng have to see what the difference in gas mileage is

britts99si
10-20-2004, 01:34 PM
the cobalt is taking over the cavalier right?? i seen them they are prettty tight...get one of them.

89IROC&RS
10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah the cobalt is the cav's replacement

YukiHime
10-27-2004, 08:10 PM
What an awesome boyfriend! You are buying your GF a new car for her birthday? The only car my boyfriend ever bought me is a $750 RX-7 convertible.

What about a SVT focus?
At least, you got a nice taste bf... :uhoh:

About the Cobalt, all I can say is that GM is trying to make it good, and make it fast, but neither of them can be done...
Slower than WRX, SRT-4...
Uglier than Civic, 3, Corolla...

89IROC&RS
10-27-2004, 09:51 PM
slow? seems to me i read something about it setting a new land speed record for its class at the salt flats, but eh ;)

and we all know looks are subjective, personally i think civics, and the RSX's the model before the silver ones in your sig were HIDIOUS!! but to each his or her own.

y2icon
10-29-2004, 09:50 AM
if cobalt is replacing cavs thats one hell of a replacement. thats like replacing bush with clinton

drvngstorm05
11-01-2004, 09:06 PM
no offense but clinton was the biggest duesch bag ever to be in office

back to the topic: the cobalt i think is damn good looking and it is supposed to run in the 14's, i believe its only downfall it the big ass 18's they are putting on it... i would have stayed away from wheels that big...

y2icon
11-02-2004, 03:35 AM
if only i didnt have the camaro it would be so easy to say yeah ill take a cobalt.

its kinda like your gf you been with forever vs the hot new girl at school. since me and my gf been together for almost 2 years looks like the cobalt is being voted off the island

Add your comment to this topic!