Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dr Pepper is not Coke or Pepsi

casey77
09-29-2004, 06:52 AM
I work for Swire Coca-Cola. In Salt Lake City, UT we carry Dr Pepper here. In other areas of UT Pepsi carries Dr Pepper. Pepsi has only created Pepsi and Mt. Dew, all other products on their shelves are made and were created by Cadbury/Dr Pepper-7up. Cadbury and Dr Pepper-7up have merged and are one in the same now. Coke makes all the cokes, sprite, barqs, fanta etc. Coke does not make Dr pepper, Hawaiian punch, Schweppes gingerale, or squirt. Cadbury/Dr Pepper-7up makes deals with Coke and Pepsi that decide which of their products it will allow each to bottle and sale in different areas of the world and in each state, or county of each state.

I vote for Coke, because it is a classy and great organization to be a part of. My experience with the Pepsi people has been quite "distasteful"!!!

blindside.AMG
09-29-2004, 06:55 AM
What the hell is the point of this? Is this thread a question or a statment? :uhoh:

I vote Pepsi, because it's a better product. :thumbsup:

Damien
09-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Um...yea pepsi!???! :eek7:

kittedb18bt
09-29-2004, 08:37 AM
coke is better, but i want to know what this "squirt" is.

dantheman00114
09-29-2004, 08:40 AM
squirt is like lemon soda, kind of...

pepsi is better then coke... especialy on tap

Fully_Sick
09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
on tap?!

its not beer man!
:P

-Josh-
09-29-2004, 09:49 AM
He's probably talking about fountain Pepsi. You know like at mcdonalds when you fill up your own cup.

Raz_Kaz
09-29-2004, 10:07 AM
on tap?!

its not beer man!
:P
That fucking killed me! HA HA HA....on tap.
I gotta say that Fanta is the best thing ever, too bad it's not available in Canada.
Anyways, Coke is better

240NIZ
09-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Huh??...Who's on first????

crayzayjay
09-29-2004, 10:26 AM
I work for Swire Coca-Cola. In Salt Lake City, UT we carry Dr Pepper here. In other areas of UT Pepsi carries Dr Pepper. Pepsi has only created Pepsi and Mt. Dew, all other products on their shelves are made and were created by Cadbury/Dr Pepper-7up. Cadbury and Dr Pepper-7up have merged and are one in the same now. Coke makes all the cokes, sprite, barqs, fanta etc. Coke does not make Dr pepper, Hawaiian punch, Schweppes gingerale, or squirt. Cadbury/Dr Pepper-7up makes deals with Coke and Pepsi that decide which of their products it will allow each to bottle and sale in different areas of the world and in each state, or county of each state.

I vote for Coke, because it is a classy and great organization to be a part of. My experience with the Pepsi people has been quite "distasteful"!!!

What in the name of Jesus are you talking about?

Damien
09-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Now don't start with Jesus. Coke in Utah is confusing enough but now to bring their jesus and the other Jesus in this...wow...talk about debate........

psychobadboy
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't know what this thread is about, but I say that Coke is better.

Jas_M
09-29-2004, 10:48 AM
I'll just have a nice glass of juice. I'm not drinking stuff that has to be transported as a haz-mat shipment.

Suislide
09-29-2004, 01:07 PM
pepsi is better.

i don't know what the point of this thread is, but it's still cool to know that all of the products that you think are owned by one company are actually owned by somebody else altogether.

:screwy:

KustmAce
09-29-2004, 01:18 PM
coke is better, but i want to know what this "squirt" is.

Carbonated grapefruit juice, I believe. And quite tasty at that.

KCVue
09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I used to work for Coca Cola enterprises in Kansas City as a salesman. I have many friends who work for Pepsi. Pepsi makes more than just Pepsi and Mt. Dew products. They also make Slice, Seirra Mist, Mugg, Aquafina water, Sobe and I am sure others. Coke does have a wide product line, but I do not think Pepsi is any smaller. Pepsi also owns Frito lay (the dominant chip manufacturer.) and gatorade. The only reason that 7up does not distribute Dr. Pepper is because before their merger with cadbury, they did not have the strength to mantain the product line, yet the contracts to disribute through Coke and Pepsi still exist. Each area of the country has different distributers, under different ownership for Coke and Pepsi. I believe Pepsi has a strong product line, and generally treat their employees better, atleast the KC distributer (Pepsi Americas). Coca Cola Enterprises and PepsiAmericas are the largest distributers of Coke and Pepsi, respectfully. Coke actually was offered full ownership of Pepsi during WWII at ssignificant discount due to the sugar tariffs caused by the war. Coke turned it's nose up in the air and now faces a very strong competitor.

I drink Pepsi, it's less harsh due to a little more sugar, less citric acid and less carbonation. Coke is losing ground to the youth. Most young people perfer Pepsi.

imtheoneandonlyD
09-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Squit is one of the best refreshments ever made. lol. i love that stuff. Same with fresca. just great

Jay!
09-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Seems remarkably like a post I made three years ago:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91129&postcount=8

ToyTundra
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Coke is better because it has original beverages. ex: vanilla and C2 coke were imitated by pepsi.

My favoite beverage though is Lipton Brisk Iced Tea with lemon. I drink 36 cans in a little over a week

-Josh-
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi my name is Josh and i've been a Pepsiholic for about 10 years now. I can't get enough of it.

The only thing that's more kick ass than pepsi is Sobe

goat_launcher
09-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm...One of my jobs is at a Coke Bottling plant, so I'd really appreciate it if all you shut the fuck up about this and not remind me about work.

BTW at our Coke plant we "distribute Dr.Pepper, Pibb, and Squirt, but we don't make it.

RSX-S777
09-29-2004, 04:56 PM
I have taken the liberty of compiling a short list of some OTHER things that are not Coke or Pepsi, aside from Dr. Pepper.

1) A stone
2) My left hand
3) Meat sauce
4) A small child
5) A yam
6) Mexico
7) A man with Downs Syndrome
8) The ASPCA
9) Osama bin Laden
10) A rusty spoon

Weird. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any...

04BlackVitz
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Raz Kaz, Fanta is available in Canada. I've seen it on tap in subways in B.C. Never tried it though, maybe I should.

whttrshpunk
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah it kinda sucks. I manage a supermarket and sometimes you get out of towners who see a sign that says "pepsi products 2/5.00" or whatever so they get Dr. Pepper, then we have to explain it isn't a pepsi product, then they say yes it is, then we say no it isn't, it's an idependent blah blah blah. Anyhow, yeah.

-Josh-
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
I have taken the liberty of compiling a short list of some OTHER things that are not Coke or Pepsi, aside from Dr. Pepper.

1) A stone
2) My left hand
3) Meat sauce
4) A small child
5) A yam
6) Mexico
7) A man with Downs Syndrome
8) The ASPCA
9) Osama bin Laden
10) A rusty spoon

Weird. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any...

Hmmm...Interesting list but are you sure your left hand is not coke or pepsi??????

RSX-S777
09-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes. But I suspect it may be Osama bin Laden.

korndogg
09-29-2004, 05:31 PM
10) A rusty spoon

The rusty spoon feels orgasmic against my salad fingers.

Jay!
09-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Now that I've seen the title of this thread appear in the recent posts listing several times now, I feel compelled to write:

"Dr. Pepper is neither Coke nor Pepsi."

That is all.

Karen512
09-29-2004, 06:35 PM
uhhhh....Pepsi is my idol

Fully_Sick
09-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Jolt Cola is the shiznizzle

jcz1987
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Forget Coca Cola and Pepsi. Virgin Cola is the best in my opinion.

Raz_Kaz
09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Raz Kaz, Fanta is available in Canada. I've seen it on tap in subways in B.C. Never tried it though, maybe I should.
Not in shitty Ontario. I was in love with that stuff when I was up in Europe. Couldnt get enough...

Jas_M
09-29-2004, 11:47 PM
The rusty spoon feels orgasmic against my salad fingers.

Yes! It's catching on!!

lamborghinirocks
09-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Not in shitty Ontario. I was in love with that stuff when I was up in Europe. Couldnt get enough...
me too! althought i don't live in Canada, but i was over in England before it was widespread in the states and i found out about fanta and thats all i drank on my whole trip

Damien
10-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Karen, I hate the pic in your sig...too jealous comsderin, ah, Dave knows......

Well, something coke has tagged is my school and it sucks! I like pepsi, well, mountain dew at least. Oh, my left hand isn't own by coke or pepsi either RSX!!! Let's here it for the ppl that coke or pepsi doens't own their left hand!

WAHOO!!!!!!! :jump:

Jet-Lee
10-01-2004, 04:07 PM
umm....sundrop?

RSX-S777
10-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh, my left hand isn't own by coke or pepsi either RSX!!! Let's here it for the ppl that coke or pepsi doens't own their left hand!

WAHOO!!!!!!! :jump:

I'm more concerned about your rusty spoons, young child. Might I inquire about your spoooooons?

Skateforfood
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Who the F*** makes Mr.Pib then!!!! Didn't Pepsi make children so they wouldnt haft to pay illegal aliens 5 cents a day.

Add your comment to this topic!