Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dieing While Driving

feelinspiffy
09-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I have a 1993 Buick LeSabre, 3.8 V6. Problem is it dies on me while driving. Happens at any given time, temp light comes on a few second before the volt, oil lights do..car then just dies, no jerking, as if someone turned off the key. Sometimes restarts right away or I have to wait 5-15 minutes. Took it to the mechanic and had them scan it, told me it was a bad ignition control module, so I replaced it. Thought it was all better after a week of no dieing, BUT NO... now, for the first time it died while idleing, died while reving the engine in park and still continues to die when driving down the road. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causeing this? Taking my car to the mechanic is getting really expensive considering if my car doesnt act up for them while they have it, they cant tell me what's wrong and I still get to pay.

DAVEQ
09-28-2004, 11:48 PM
i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 92 LESABRE AND THAT DARN THING SEEMS TO ALWAYS DIE AT THE WRONG TIME IN TRAFFIC OR SITTING AT A LIGHT . IF I TRY TO START IT RIGHT AFTER IT DIES IT WILL START RIGHT BACK UP AND DIE LIKE IT IS OUT OF GAS BUT IF I WAIT A SHORT WHILE IT FIRES UP AND I DRIVE OFF UNTIL THE NEXT INCIDENT . CHECK A FEW POSTS DOWN AND SOMEONE HAS A SIMILIAR PROBLEM . PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YA GET IT SOLVED .

dwq427@alltel.net

jcamaew3
09-29-2004, 07:23 AM
I would check the crank sensor. Had a car that did this and it turned out to be that. hope this helps

3echo9
10-01-2004, 02:29 PM
take a look at "95 Lesabre dies without warning". I had the same problem. I replaced both the Cam Pos Sensor and Crank Pos Sensor to be safe and the problem is gone. Good Luck!!

Add your comment to this topic!