Trying to removal a heater core (96 Jimmy)

spaxton
09-28-2004, 01:22 PM
My husband is trying to remove the heater core from my vehicle & has removed most of the dash but is still unable to get to the heater core. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the heater core on my 96 Jimmy??

Thank you,

Sabrina

t18flyer
09-30-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it's like my same situation with a 96 1500 van but it's a bear> I went to the library and the service manual states that I have to have the AC unit emptied and then remove the AC unit in front of the core hose connections. Plus, inside the core is burried behind wires, ducting, etc and thats after removing half the dash and disconnecting the airbag so that doesn't blow up in my face. GOOD LUCK!

mjohn
10-02-2004, 09:53 AM
search this thread and also the Blazer thread for the heater core removal...and you will find much information on this repair...some say to remove the front seats...

This forum is definately the place to find information...and GMMerlin....is also a great help and Blessing...I am so glad I found this forum...so you are headed in the right direction...and are in the right place...I wish you well...and hope you receive the information you need...

Add your comment to this topic!