Awesome LM pic

Pages : [1] 2

dhabes
09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
For some reason the car just looks sweet in this pic. Taken last weekend.

http://dugmar.smugmug.com/photos/9079906-L.jpg

more lm pics for those who havent seen (http://dugmar.smugmug.com/gallery/71983)

a5678
09-28-2004, 12:05 AM
It looks sweet because it's super clean and shiny, not to mention it's a badass car as it is :D
Notice the tires are even super clean

MalkaJB
09-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Very nice. :bigthumb: I wish it was higher-res though.

Thorst13
09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
That is truly an awesome pic.! :)

Sccrplyr06
09-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah I love that pic, too bad the cover is still partly on the car though.

Keo
09-29-2004, 08:32 PM
is there a high res version, i love that pic

a5678
09-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah I love that pic, too bad the cover is still partly on the car though.

Wow, I didn't even notice the cover until you mentioned it. The car had my utter and complete attention, for good reason :D. Nonetheless, most of the car is visible, so it's all good.

Sccrplyr06
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah it is only a very minor drawback. I only noticed it because the pic had my attention for so long, I eventually noticed it.

Cockrocket
10-01-2004, 01:19 PM
i realy dont understand why there cant a high res version of it. i got a crap digi camera yet all images cum out 1600 x 1400 res!!..the author of this image must have a higher res version. It looks sumblime. However why are the rear tyres higher profile tyres than the front?

Peloton25
10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I'll see what can be done about getting a larger version of the photo. You can see this file attribute on the image hosting site: "Original size: 3072x2048"

As for the higher profile tires in the rear, this is not uncommon with performance cars. Nearly every car with different tread widths front and rear will have a taller sidewall on the rear tire.

>8^)
ER

dhabes
10-03-2004, 09:48 AM
i realy dont understand why there cant a high res version of it. i got a crap digi camera yet all images cum out 1600 x 1400 res!!..the author of this image must have a higher res version. It looks sumblime. However why are the rear tyres higher profile tyres than the front?

Sure he does but he is hosting the picture on a photo site which resizes.

theflinger
10-04-2004, 08:53 PM
i realy dont understand why there cant a high res version of it.

since the author says on his website that prints are avaiable, he probably wants to make some money. In that case, providing the highest resolution, combined with being impractical for most webservers, would be detremental to his buisness.

Maybe we can email him and ask nicely :D

MalkaJB
10-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Ummm...

I don't think that we need to e-mail the author. In fact, one of our forum regulars could probably just ask him for the high-res version.

So Drew, how about it?

ec437
10-05-2004, 02:14 AM
since the author says on his website that prints are avaiable, he probably wants to make some money. In that case, providing the highest resolution, combined with being impractical for most webservers, would be detremental to his buisness.

Maybe we can email him and ask nicely :D

wtf does he want more money for?

Peloton25
10-05-2004, 05:26 AM

The person who took the photo is not the person who owns the car, which is what I believe you are implying.

>8^)
ER

theflinger
10-06-2004, 03:52 PM

I can only assume you thought that the picture poster owned the car, as peloton did. If not, let me know so I can figure out what you are talking about ;)

dugie6551
10-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey man .... how did you get into my garage to take that picture?

:lol:

Peloton25
10-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey man .... how did you get into my garage to take that picture?

:lol:

Actually, it would be really funny if that reply came from 'fselldorff' ;) :lol:

>8^)
ER

jingro
10-06-2004, 07:56 PM
What a beautiful car!!! Where can I get a pair of those rear tires?

Peloton25
10-07-2004, 02:03 AM
What a beautiful car!!! Where can I get a pair of those rear tires?

If you are looking for a 315/45ZR17 tire (as you mentioned in the other thread), then you will not want the ones in that photograph. The LM rides on a larger 18" wheel borrowed from the F1 GTR and it's rear tire measures 345/35ZR18. Unless, of course, you have an 18" wheel in mind for your kit as well.

>8^)
ER

Cockrocket
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
i now the diameter of the lm wheels where stretched another 1 inch to make 18 inch wheels but where they made fatter?..the standard f1 wheels were 11.5 inches thich what r the lm?

any luck on the higher res photo?

dugmar
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm limited as far as dowload bandwidth. I'll leave the high res version up for 24 hours. Go nuts.

http://dugmar.smugmug.com/photos/popup.mg?ImageID=9079906&Size=Original

Doug

Mpowered
10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm limited as far as dowload bandwidth. I'll leave the high res version up for 24 hours. Go nuts.

Doug

And that is :smokin: S M O K I N. Thanks for the high res shot. As I have said before, you people are soooo fortunate to see the real thing and photograph it while most of us just look and drool. :smile: All smiles here. Hey someone needs to add a drooling smiley face.

mini magic
10-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Doug
thanks so much

MalkaJB
10-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Awsome Doug. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. :worshippy

a5678
10-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks a lot Doug. Really appreciate it. :bigthumb:

dugmar
10-08-2004, 08:22 AM
i realy dont understand why there cant a high res version of it. ?

Dear "Cockrocket",

You can, I posted it overnight. I'm limited by download bandwith with smugmug.com. If you missed it, sorry, it is now shut off, over 250MB in dowloads in 12 hours. I want to shut it off before I forget and remember when I'm sitting in my Kayak this weekend.

i got a crap digi camera yet all images cum out 1600 x 1400 res!!..

Cum?

the author of this image must have a higher res version. It looks sumblime. However why are the rear tyres higher profile tyres than the front.

650+ HP to the rear wheels? You tell me.

Doug

dugmar
10-08-2004, 08:25 AM
since the author says on his website that prints are avaiable, he probably wants to make some money.:D

Nope. I get charged based on bandwidth usage.

http://www.smugmug.com/price/

All smugmug users can sell prints.

Doug

dugmar
10-08-2004, 08:26 AM

Food? :)
Not my car Chief.

dugmar
10-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks a lot Doug. Really appreciate it. :bigthumb:

No problem. Enjoy. Now you guys run off to Staples and buy your color ink cartriges! :)

Doug

theflinger
10-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Nope. I get charged based on bandwidth usage.

http://www.smugmug.com/price/

All smugmug users can sell prints.

Doug

Yeah, I see. Twas just a guess by me ;)

Anyway, I need someone to upload that high res pic to my gallery (http://flinger.ath.cx/F1/gallery/index.php) or email to me at theflinger at gmail dot com since I got here late.

Thanks!

I'm limited by download bandwith with smugmug.com. If you missed it, sorry, it is now shut off, over 250MB in dowloads in 12 hours.

The 7 days after I posted my gallery I got 4 gigs of bandwidth used :D maybe you should come on my server :P

By the way, a smarter way for you might be Deviantart (.com). It is free without bandwidth limits. A little slow, but you could upload as high res as you wanted. Me, I just leech off of my friend's dedicated server :D

theflinger
10-08-2004, 10:10 PM
oh yes, and if anyone could provide high resolution versions of the LM driving on the road (http://flinger.ath.cx/F1/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=20)
that would be really kickass. I love pics of the car in motion.

a5678
10-09-2004, 12:28 AM
No problem. Enjoy. Now you guys run off to Staples and buy your color ink cartriges! :)

Doug

The funny thing is that I might actually do that, since my printer ink is low. :D

a5678
10-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Anyway, I need someone to upload that high res pic to my gallery (http://flinger.ath.cx/F1/gallery/index.php) or email to me at theflinger at gmail dot com since I got here late.

Hey I tried uploading the high res pic but I got this error every time: "Pixel allowance exceeded."

By the way, the original is an 18 MB bitmap image. However, I converted it to a 526 KB jpeg image since there is a 4086 KB limit on your site. I'm just gonna email the original bitmap along with the jpeg to you through gmail (gotta love gmail :D)

Update: I couldn't send the original bitmap since gmail has a 10 MB limit, so I sent you the jpeg version.

theflinger
10-09-2004, 11:06 AM
The funny thing is that I might actually do that, since my printer ink is low. :D

so is mine :O

problem with the pixel limit fixed : http://flinger.ath.cx/F1/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=76

Next thing I gotta do is figure out how the gallery decides where to place uploaded files, lol....it just stuck the pic in a seemingly random place

Thanks man

Peloton25
10-09-2004, 07:35 PM
By the way, the original is an 18 MB bitmap image. However, I converted it to a 526 KB jpeg image since there is a 4086 KB limit on your site.

Actually, the original was not a .BMP it was a 2.72MB .JPG file. If you were forced to save it as a .BMP when you downloaded it then I am guessing you haven't cleared your temporary internet files in quite a while.

If you want, I can email you the original .JPG file. I assume there may have been some quality loss between the .BMP to .JPG conversion that you did.

>8^)
ER

theflinger
10-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Pelo, theflinger at gmail dot com :D thanks!

theflinger
10-09-2004, 08:51 PM
thanks pelo!

http://flinger.ath.cx/F1/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=76

a5678
10-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Actually, the original was not a .BMP it was a 2.72MB .JPG file. If you were forced to save it as a .BMP when you downloaded it then I am guessing you haven't cleared your temporary internet files in quite a while.

If you want, I can email you the original .JPG file. I assume there may have been some quality loss between the .BMP to .JPG conversion that you did.

>8^)
ER

Ah, that makes lots of sense. By the way, could you email me the original ?

Peloton25
10-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Sure thing - what's your email address though? This forum has changed it so if you want to email someone it goes through a form on the forum. I can't get your email address direct from your profile, and of course you can't add an attachment to the email form here. I added my email address in the "Real Name" field of my profile so it's visible for anyone who looks there.

>8^)
ER

theflinger
10-09-2004, 11:55 PM
I've gotcha covered a5678...its on my gallery, once you click the picture you get a fullscreen popup and that is an untouched original. I can email it to you as well but the gallery has it ... I posted it above

McLaren Mike
10-11-2004, 05:17 AM
talking about LM, We have discovered a new owner.
Today I went to the Australian Motor Show and basically spent the whole day talking to the David Clark of Koenigsegg.
(If anybody knows his name please tell!!)

He said he has spoken to David Clark alot and seems bloody reliable.
"Have u sat in an F1?" "Yes in Sweeden, it was a GTR, the owner had the whole collection.. a LM, an normal road car and a GTR."
"What colour was the GTR?" "Blue i think"

Im guessing Ray Bellm.

Just a note!

-Mike:aus:

mini magic
10-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Well, there are no blue GTR's. Ray Bellm doesn't live in Sweeden as far as i know.

Tom Meissner?

McLaren Mike
10-12-2004, 04:36 AM
the GTR he described told me the colour included blue.. not completely blue.

Peloton25
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
We know with great certainty where all the real LMs are - I do believe your source was either misinformed, or simply mistaken.

>8^)
ER

maartenvanthek
10-13-2004, 10:53 AM
tom meissner is the owner of 11r, 23r iirc and the other for sale @ ks - autohandels in germany. it's clear that even wise people get distracted by the colour of things

zx4000
10-17-2004, 02:45 AM
these pics are new to me. but posted before?

http://autospy.intizen.com/autospy/bbs/table/photo2/upload/4357_autospy.jpg

http://autospy.intizen.com/autospy/bbs/table/photo2/upload/4357_autospy_2.jpg

http://autospy.intizen.com/autospy/bbs/table/photo2/upload/4358_autospy_[1].jpg

http://autospy.intizen.com/autospy/bbs/table/photo2/upload/4359_autospy_[2].jpg

Peloton25
10-17-2004, 06:44 AM
They're new to me as well, but it should be noted that is not an LM. Even the windsheild banner clearly identifies it as a GTR. Maybe you weren't representing it as an LM, but you did put it in this thread.

Anyway, this is most likely GTR #11R once again. Its been seen at tracks before as well as on display at a few car shows. There's another '96 GTR that looks identical, but it doesn't wear the additional cowling over the roof air intake.

>8^)
ER

zx4000
10-17-2004, 08:16 AM
They're new to me as well, but it should be noted that is not an LM. Even the windsheild banner clearly identifies it as a GTR. Maybe you weren't representing it as an LM, but you did put it in this thread.

Anyway, this is most likely GTR #11R once again. Its been seen at tracks before as well as on display at a few car shows. There's another '96 GTR that looks identical, but it doesn't wear the additional cowling over the roof air intake.

>8^)
ER

Yes. You are right. actually when i saw those pics at first, thought this as LM. but from your comments, i realized the differance and found additional the air-bent in front of rear fender not existing in the LM, which is also just trivial thing you already know.

My following saying is entirely off-topic. Most of Mclaren enthusiasts in this forum seem to have more strong self-confidence unlikely another sites, which is likely to be even beneficial users who know our topics in detail more. On the other hand , to begginers, that pointed sharp acknowledge used to be very high block to cross over and offend them from time to time. Although to be more accurate is obviously to need for us, if there were more generosity our special forum could be even better to draw another attention. My personal opinion was so long. What i truly wanna say is that the final purpose of our forum should be more enjoyable place to come and share the information. Simultaeously the beginners also should be more careful before posting and telling something in here. In searching information must be the part of life.

Great-King-Rat
10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Its a nice car. Wonder if he would like to trade for an F 50 Ferrari...

ArchangelGTR
10-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes. You are right. actually when i saw those pics at first, thought this as LM. but from your comments, i realized the differance and found additional the air-bent in front of rear fender not existing in the LM, which is also just trivial thing you already know.

My following saying is entirely off-topic. Most of Mclaren enthusiasts in this forum seem to have more strong self-confidence unlikely another sites, which is likely to be even beneficial users who know our topics in detail more. On the other hand , to begginers, that pointed sharp acknowledge used to be very high block to cross over and offend them from time to time. Although to be more accurate is obviously to need for us, if there were more generosity our special forum could be even better to draw another attention. My personal opinion was so long. What i truly wanna say is that the final purpose of our forum should be more enjoyable place to come and share the information. Simultaeously the beginners also should be more careful before posting and telling something in here. In searching information must be the part of life.

Don't take too much offense zx4000. This forum has a steep learning curve with true enthusiasts with considerable knowledge. Most of the veterans here are just trying to keep the information as accurate as possible. I've appreciated the McLaren for a long time, but I'm not a veteran on this forum. This forum certainly opens my eyes to nuances of the McLaren, I've never dreamed I would get to know.

If you have something to contribute, please do so! I'm sure we all appreciate it, even it is something in the wrong section. New pictures are always appreciated.

Peloton25
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Well for the record, I wasn't really scolding him for posting those pics here, I just wanted to be certain that he and anyone who came across those pictures would realize that it was not a true LM.

I can not count the number of times I have had to correct someone on that with on of these look-a-likes, or post the listing of how you can tell the difference on various message forums.

Anyway - damn McLaren Cars for giving in to customer's wishes and painting these GTRs Historic "Paypaya" Orange. :grinno: :screwy:

>8^)
ER

Thorst13
10-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, I know that if I have paid 1.2 mill.$ for a car, I would paint it in any damn color I like!:-)
Bu t see your point, takes away some authenticy...

ArchangelGTR
10-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I do see your point about the color. But what about the non-papaya LM's? Would the non-papaya LM's be considered rarer or an anomoly? I'm curious about everyone's thoughts.

jkbon
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Personnaly I would pay much to have a papaya LM that a black one.

Haven seen some cars of the sutan around the net, my opinion is that this guy as no taste.

And I think I (we ?) will be disappointed when a picture of a black LM will be released.

ArchangelGTR
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
I think you'r eright jkbon. The Papaya does lend itself to historical significance/aura.

Peloton25
10-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I think he's right that we would probably be disappointed by the actual look of the Black LMs - however I must say I would still be very excited to finally see the photos. For the simple fact of finally putting the mystery to rest, they're practically priceless. :iceslolan

I suspect that if you stripped the colored flag graphics off of them which they are reported to wear, that they would look great though. The rest of the paint on the car is supposed to match the #59 LeMans -winning 'Ueno Clinic' livery I believe, so if you can picture that without all the sponsor logos, then that should give us a pretty good idea on the look of the Black LMs.

I think any LM - even in Sultan-molested form - would fetch about the same amount of money. Personally, I like the look of the darker F1s that wear the High Downforce Kit, so I'd probably take the black over the orange.

>8^)
ER

Great-King-Rat
10-30-2004, 01:55 AM
I think the papaya orange and black wheels go good together...all I can say is if Im owning a million dollar car its how I want it...not others.

anund
10-31-2004, 03:17 PM
talking about LM, We have discovered a new owner.
Today I went to the Australian Motor Show and basically spent the whole day talking to the David Clark of Koenigsegg.
(If anybody knows his name please tell!!)

He said he has spoken to David Clark alot and seems bloody reliable.
"Have u sat in an F1?" "Yes in Sweeden, it was a GTR, the owner had the whole collection.. a LM, an normal road car and a GTR."
"What colour was the GTR?" "Blue i think"

Im guessing Ray Bellm.

Just a note!

Maybe he was refering to this GTR:
http://www.cyd.liu.se/users/~andgu842/Massa/McLaren%20F1%20(1).jpg
This and the other pictures in the same folder was taken in Sweden. I don't know who the owner is though, but it's Tom Meissners yellow GTR besides it.

Cockrocket
11-21-2004, 08:34 AM
I Missed the high res shot of the shinny F1...only just returned to posting!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

could anyone help me out!!...The smugmug web site is great with loads of realy good F1 LM pics!!...you are lucky to witness the LM in real life!...i have go no images of the F1 LM anymore as my PC crashed..so anyone kind enough to host high res images of the F1 LM would be my new best internet friend!

Add your comment to this topic!