Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

remote starter

snipez
09-26-2004, 11:40 PM
hi
i have no wiring knowledge

but theres a cheap one at walmart that says easy instalation. is this a lie? it comes with a video.

should i do it myself/

i live in whitehorse, yukon, canada. and it seems there is only one guy who installs starters. he wants $300 CDN to install one, with you supplying your own starter. too much money.

richtazz
09-27-2004, 10:36 AM
There is no such thing as an easy install on a remote starter. It requires you to stand on your head in cramped quarters under the dash and splice into a multitude of wires, plus if your car has the pass-lock or vats key system, you need to buy a separate by-pass module for that too. I suggest having it done, unless you have mondo patience and good wiring harness knowledge and wiring skills.

ponchonutty
09-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Well, I specialize in RS systems. I 2nd rich's statement. If you have never done it, don't. This is especially true if you have a late model G-am. They are a little tricky sometimes for installers that kinda know what they are doing.

I suggest you goto www.directed.com and look up a dealer near you. They are the best out there. I sell them installed for around $200 US here in Ohio. It should be close to that for you up there. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Add your comment to this topic!