Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What does the Infiniti symbol mean?

Koojo
06-01-2001, 08:16 PM
Anyone know how the circle with two lines meating in the center have anything to do with the word infiniti? Or is it just a symbol without explenation? Thanks

(As you can see from my question, I am pretty bored. :D )

igor@af
06-01-2001, 08:27 PM
I am pretty sure they just tweaked the Infinity symbol:

http://id.mind.net/~zona/mmts/miscellaneousMath/infinityAndSymbol/Inf2.gif

igor@af
06-01-2001, 08:30 PM
http://www.mathstory.com/Poems/poem%20images/infinity/infinity.gif

Koojo
06-01-2001, 08:33 PM
You serious? Thats the new symbol? It looks shitty, I like the one they have now better.

igor@af
06-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Hahaha :hehe:

Looks like you misundestood me :)

The name "Infiniti" is actually "Infinity"
Just like "Beetles" is actually "Beatles"
get it?

And Infiniti got their logo by tweaking with the Infinity symbol.

Infinity means "endless" or "infinite" if you didin't know :)

Kenny-G
06-01-2001, 11:58 PM
That two straight lines that meet each other, for me it looks like a long straight road that you can't see the end of it. I think that kinda refer to the word infinity.

G-Forces
06-02-2001, 10:05 AM
I think was Kenny is saying sounds right...that's what I thought anyway! :)

SkylinesKillAll
06-02-2001, 10:11 AM
yea it jus like go stand on the railroad tracks and look straght down. it appears that they meet but they reall dont. they stay exactly the same distance appart forever or infinitiy if u will.

Jay!
06-05-2001, 04:26 AM
Yes, Kenny-G, G-Forces and SkylinesKillAll are all on the right track. In illustration applications, it's called the "Vanishing Point" and is used to represent a 3D object with a 2D plane that extend for (until?) infinity.

P10DET
06-06-2001, 07:06 AM
Not to be a spoil sport, but why does it have to mean anything at all? :)

Geo

Koojo
06-06-2001, 07:52 AM
It doesnt, I wasnt sure if it did mean anything or not. If it did then I wanted to know.

G-Forces
06-06-2001, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by P10DET
Not to be a spoil sport, but why does it have to mean anything at all? :)
Well it doesn't have to...but I'm pretty sure it's the road thing. It makes more sense than the toyota 'cowboy hat' symbol. :)

Hmm your initials wouldn't happen to be GR would they?

P10DET
06-06-2001, 07:52 PM
AKA King Turd :sun:

Kenny-G
06-07-2001, 02:07 AM
Toyota cowboy hat? Ha Ha! No man it is a T inside a circle.
But....it does looks like an up side down cowboy hat....

Kenny-G
06-07-2001, 02:10 AM
Just curious...so which automaker logo you guys hate the most? I hate Geo men, it is fucking stupid looking!

Morpheus XIII
06-16-2001, 01:31 AM
I detest the current Mazda logo. Is that a child's rendition of a bird?. Haven't they had 3 different types? Or maybe it was the Infini logo that makes me think of the second one. My favorite happens to be BMW's. It tells the story of the blue and white propellers of the Bavarian Motor Works (crudely translated) airplane manufacturing roots. Of the Japanese, I prefer those emblems that havent evolved over the years. Nissan and Honda stick to their traditions, and that is honorable. If the flag you wave changes, then you represent marketing. You dont care about who you are, you just care about revenue (sometimes it works, but STILL!)

DonBSwier
06-18-2001, 02:00 PM
Yes, the Geo logo is (was) lame by a factor of 7. Good riddance!

By a wide margin, the coolest logo is that of Alfa Romeo! Vauxhall's isn't too shabby, nor is Porsche's.

Infiniti's is clean & timeless. It will look good for years to come.

Nismoboy1
06-18-2001, 02:53 PM
i think the infiniti logo means, you have a badass car and no one can touch you..hahh :flipa: :finger: :flipa: :finger: j/k

P10DET
06-18-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by morpheusxiii
My favorite happens to be BMW's. It tells the story of the blue and white propellers of the Bavarian Motor Works (crudely translated) airplane manufacturing roots.

Nope. The blue and white are from the Bavarian flag.

Geo

Koojo
06-18-2001, 08:41 PM
Is there a McLaren logo or do they just write MCLAREN in the back of their car?

Jay!
06-18-2001, 10:23 PM
The McLaren "logo" is just the name with a red crescent. You'll see it on their F1 cars. http://www.mclaren.com/images/logo.gif

Morpheus XIII
06-19-2001, 05:45 PM
Nope. The blue and white are from the Bavarian flag.

--P10DET

Taken from http://www.lauderdalebmw.com/history/ :

'The twentieth century is the age of mobility; in its evolution, BMW has played a formative role. The history of the Bavarian Motor Works begins back in 1916 and mirrors Germany's past--politically, economically and technologically. But above all, it is a history of innovation. New ideas, large and small, have spearheaded the company's growth and fashioned its sporty image. All this is reflected in the BMW emblem, symbolizing a rotating airplane propeller from BMW's early years. Today, the emblem signifies a global company that annually produces hundreds of thousands of engines, motorcycles, and cars.'

There are too many sources to quote that concur with this fact, especially those found on german BMW sites.

Of course, the Bavarian flag is blue and white, but the roundel logo found on BMW products represents the history of its foundations, that is, since the company started out as an aircraft manufacturer.

Add your comment to this topic!