Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Fluid Change - 93 Rodeo V6 - where is plug?

godori
09-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Hello,
I have a 93 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 4x4 with 136K on it.
I have not changed the transmission fluid since I bought the truck at 45K. Transmission seems to be OK but I notice some color change in fluid lately. (pink to brownish pink)

I ain't no mechanic but It seem to be easier than oil change accoding to the Haynes manual, so I went out and bought 5 qt of Dexicon III fliud. The problem is I cannot find the drain plug on the transmission pan. The manual indicate it should be on the bottom of the pan but there is nothing there. I checked over and over.
Does any one know how to change transmission fluid? Do I have to drop the transmission pan? I did that once with my previous car, 89 Probe, and got shower by a transmission fluid. Don't want to do that again.
Thanks!
Lee

2eyefishclaw
09-27-2004, 07:22 PM
if it had a drain plug it would be obvious
since you have never serviced it before and the pan will have to come off you should also replace the filter. If you work on cars EXPECT to get dirty

greenrodeo
09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
There is no servicable filter. The plug is on the bottom of the transmission, not the plug. Isuzu doesn't recomend fluid changes, but it would prob. be a good thing. I would go somewhere and have it flushed through the cooler lines if I were you. That will get rid of all the old fluid.

Add your comment to this topic!