Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 S10 Air Bag Light / Fixed??

GeneP
09-26-2004, 04:58 PM
My son recently purchased a 95 S10 on Ebay that actually turned out to be a good deal. We picked it up and drove it 900 miles back home with no problems at all. The only issue when buying the truck was that the air bag light remained lit. I did pull the 10 amp fuse before driving it home in an attempt to prevent accidental deployment of the air bag. Once home & understanding the hazards when serviceing the system, using a chilton's manual I visually inspected the sensors & followed as much as the harness as possible to verify nothing was unplugged. With the battery disconnected I even pulled the bag (Without disconnecting it) to verify connections there and down the steering column. After sitting overnight with the battery disconnected, I then enabled the air bag system using the steps described in the manual then initially got the 6 flashed of the air bag light, then the light went out as though everything is ok. It has since never came back on except the inital 6 flashes when 1 st turning on the key. Did I clear some fault code by leaving the battery disconnected overnight?? Or maybe I remade some bad connection in the harness while pushing wires around during my visual inspection???

Thanks,
Gene

S-10kid
09-26-2004, 10:33 PM
W/e happened it worked. Gj dude

BlazerLT
09-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Welp, you probably sured up a loose connection.

Don't worry about it, drive the truck!

Add your comment to this topic!