Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No sound from stereo and convertible not working

nostferatu
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

Newbie to this forum but hoping someone may be able to help this mechanically challenged person into getting a couple of problems fixed.

I recently imported my 2002 solara SLE V6 conv to the UK, it was modified for EU standards and I picked it up a very happy man a few days ago.

However, after getting used to driving on the wrong side of the road for a few miles and seeing that the sun had decided to make a very rare UK appearance I thought it was time to take down the roof (an almost inique opportunuty here) and get the stereo hiked up....

The stereo powered on fine, but I have no sound at all from the speakers, not a hum, blip, static or anything. The CD display and radio display look fine but silence (this is from the factory JBL unit).

"Ohh well...never mind" I can live without sounds for a while I thought so proceeded to take down the roof... The windows automatically went down as expected but all I get is a single click from the rear of the car and the top stays motionless...

All I can tell you is that the battery was disconnected whilst it was transported from the US to the UK, and some minor modifications where made to lights (A rear fog light was added) the garage that performed the work insist that they did nothing to affect either (A likely story !) but frankly all I want is to have it fixed rather than blame anyone...

I have checked the fuses and all look fine, anyone able to shed any light on where to start ?

One thing I neglected to get which I am now seeking is a handbook for the car (Yeah, my bad !) but as there has been no major changes I am hoping a few ideas from the experts here may be able to help while I wait for a long delivery time of the handbook.

Many thanks in advance.

Ultimate X
09-27-2004, 11:47 AM
most likely the garageg messed up but since u didnt test it in front of them u cant prove it now

i hope uy have a receipt and take it back to the converters and have em fix it

Add your comment to this topic!