NOW They Keyed MY CAR! :(

Pages : [1] 2

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 09:31 AM
I came out of class this morning to find my baby keyed the whole way down the passenger side. They even went as far as to key the door handle. I am so pissed of right now.:mad: I reported it to the police, but you know that they will never do a damn thing. I'm gonna take some pics. FUCK! I hate ignorant ass people! You can never have anything nice anymore. People are so jealous of others that they feel that they have to ruin everything. I'm such a broke college student that it will be forever until I can get it fixed. :( With a baby on the way, I guess a new paint job isn't high on the priority list. I'd rather be kicked in the balls then to have someone fuck with my car. First my car got broken into last summer now this. I wanna kill the people responsible. But I know I'll never find out. I hope they rot in hell. Bastards. :devil:

igo4bmx
02-13-2002, 09:34 AM
sorry to hear that bro. i say go to paintscratch.com and get paint made to your color and primer and paint over any arears where there is metal showing.. you don't want rust.. ya know?

then when you paint over it, u can buff the car and hopefully it will blend in with the rest.

i wish i could help ya

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Here's the pics. It's pretty bad. :(

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/405756Keyd1.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/870343Keyd2.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/442920Keyd3.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/251845Keyd4.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/472585Keyd5.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/356786Keyd6.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/864205Keyd7.jpg

VA_Civic_2G
02-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Damn man, I feel ya on that one. I had somebody push a shopping cart into the side of my car, and kick in my fender. SHit got me so pissed. It makes you not wanna hook up your car anymore. What sucks is it's probably somebody who doesn't even have a car, and people like that will never have shit in their life.

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Word. Hey, by the way, welcome to AF. Yeah. People like that have no respect. I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinkin about sanding down the whole car and primering it. But then I don't know how soon I could get it painted and I don't want to look like the average "primer-riceboy". This freakin sucks!

j.fuggi
02-13-2002, 10:22 AM
we're in the same boat bro. just remember... fuck somebody up when you find out who done it

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by j.fuggi
we're in the same boat bro. just remember... fuck somebody up when you find out who done it
I wish I could. But I'll never know who did it. It was a random act of vandalism. I have no beef with anybody, especially at my school. So, I might just go out and kill a homeless person to relieve a little stress.

J/K. Fear not homeless, I mean you no harm.

igo4bmx
02-13-2002, 10:49 AM
thats why the sleeper look is always good.. no one will want to fuk it up since they wioll think its stock..

jeisai
02-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Right after I got my car someone decided they felt like kicking my passenger door below the moulding. It was (basically still is) completely stock!

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 12:03 PM
I gotta readjust the sensitivity of my alarm. It didn't go off when the fucker keyed my shit.

soul180
02-13-2002, 01:03 PM
if you adjust it ot feel the shock of someone keyin your car with it not then just go off durin heavy wind? or loud exhausts will set it off.....

SRHguru
02-13-2002, 01:36 PM
Yeah, people are such fucks. I had my car egged and emblems ripped off a couple of months ago. People are assholes.

or loud exhausts will set it off.....

That is fun to do though :D

But yeah, I would say definitely trn up the alarm sensitivity, I would rather have it set off by accident occasionally, as long as it goes off when something truely bad happens.

ric
02-13-2002, 02:01 PM
when i hear shit like this i dont even wanna drive my car anywhere knowing assholes like this roam the planet.

My White Civic
02-13-2002, 08:39 PM
I know what you guys are talking about. Right after I got my car repainted some asshole at my school decided that it would be funny to throw soda on my car. It really fucked up my paint since it didn't totally dry/cure yet. Screw them though because they most likely drive some P.O.S. If I ever find out who it was I'm going to put an oily rag in their gas tank, light it and run like hell. :)

Darkwing
02-13-2002, 10:35 PM
man, I dunno what to say. Fortunately no one has done anything to my car yet. I live in a city where people really don't care what you drive. I see cars that look fuggin awesome, tricked out vipers and even yesterday a BMW Z8 (that's a $130,000 car) and I have seen the other end too, people in rusted out, paint stripped, only panels left on the car are hood, roof, doors, and trunk lid, and windows busted, windshield cracked, bullet holes and no license plate driving down the road. Most people here drive "Urban Camoflage" but there's quite a few nice ones here too. Point is, I can't sympathize with ya, but I can empathize. I know what I'd do if someone did that to my car. My car is 8 years old and still has all original paint and not a scratch on it that wasn't touched up a bit. If a big ass scratch like that were put on my car, I'd freakin haul off and beat the nearest person up. The rage and injustice of it all must have made you insane for a few minutes, congrats on not killing anyone!!! I sincerely hope nothing like this ever happens again. to anyone. Why someone would do it I dunno.

I did scratch up a camaro once though, sorta on purpose. He friggin parked so damn close to me I couldn't even get in the door, I had to crawl in through the passenger side. But before I got in, I squeezed in between my car and his and let my backpack scratch up his pretty paint before I went around to the other side. he heh. He deserved it. Dumb ass oughta learn how to park. Superficial scratches though, nothing deep or anywhere near what you got.

Why can't people all just be as skilled and moral as we are? :rolleyes:

Xplocivic
02-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Good points. Yeah, my friends were around to harness the rage. They made me calm down. I just stared at it for like 10 minutes. I couldn't bring myself to touch it and feel how deep it was. When I finally did, I was super pissed all over again. I peeled out and headed for the campus police station to file the report that will never be followed up on. Why are people so jealous of something nice that they feel the need to destroy it? This just boggles my mind.

j.fuggi
02-13-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Xplocivic
I gotta readjust the sensitivity of my alarm. It didn't go off when the fucker keyed my shit.

how do you adjust?

my alarm goes off if i scrub my molding with a sponge, someone keys my car, or drives by with a 2.25in thermal exhaust ... ;)

Xplocivic
02-14-2002, 10:17 AM
It depends on the alarm. Mine has an adjustment screw in the housing of the motion sensor. As far as going off when you scrub your molding, turn your alarm off when you wash the car!

j.fuggi
02-14-2002, 11:26 AM
It depends on the alarm. Mine has an adjustment screw in the housing of the motion sensor. As far as going off when you scrub your molding, turn your alarm off when you wash the car!

i have a viper. thats all i know.

and if i turn off my alarm when i wash it someone might steal my car now!! j/k

my alarm stays on. if i close my door, it sets automatically after like 15 - 30 seconds. so i can't leave my door open when i wash it.

igo4bmx
02-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Good points. Yeah, my friends were around to harness the rage. They made me calm down. I just stared at it for like 10 minutes. I couldn't bring myself to touch it and feel how deep it was. When I finally did, I was super pissed all over again. I peeled out and headed for the campus police station to file the report that will never be followed up on. Why are people so jealous of something nice that they feel the need to destroy it? This just boggles my mind.

man cover the scratch up before it rusts!!

Xplocivic
02-14-2002, 01:39 PM

my alarm stays on. if i close my door, it sets automatically after like 15 - 30 seconds. so i can't leave my door open when i wash it.
You don't have a key fob to activate and dearm your alarm? This is weird, I never heard of an alarm that arms automatically.

Xplocivic
02-14-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by igo4bmx

man cover the scratch up before it rusts!!
Yeah, I'm gonna run a healthy dose of wax over it. Hope this helps.

Ebranste
02-14-2002, 11:32 PM
It's a feature called passive arming. Most aftermarket alrms have that ability. I can't think of a stock alarm I've come across that has it.

soul180
02-15-2002, 03:39 AM
i can't leave my door open when i wash it.

why would you leave your door open while you wash your car? hehehe

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 07:17 AM

You don't have a key fob to activate and dearm your alarm? This is weird, I never heard of an alarm that arms automatically.

no no i have a remote. i can arm it, disarm it, panic, and go into silent mode. but if i disarm the alarm, it rearms like... a minute later. maybe less time.

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by soul180

why would you leave your door open while you wash your car? hehehe

well if i leave my door open, my alarm won't arm itself. so it wont go off when i scrub some dirt out of the moldings and whatnot. but i don';t leave it open when i wash it, so my alarm usually goes off.

Ebranste
02-15-2002, 12:35 PM
If youhave a viper, then you should have a valet switch that was installed in the car too. Just put the key to on, flip the switch, and the alarm is off. It's not hard to do and turning it back on is simply repeating the process.

You may also have the ability to put the alarm in passive mode with the remote. The more expensive alarms cover this. Again, I don;'t know if your Viper remote has that feature, but it's something to check witht the shop that put it in.

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 12:42 PM
i have an older viper with the 2 button old square remote. there is no switch that i can find. passive mode? if i press button II it will unlock and lock the doors. alarm doesnt arm. and if i arm it... then press II then I it will disarm silently. i dont know what shop installed it.

Ebranste
02-15-2002, 12:52 PM
what you want to look for in your car is a silver toggle switch. It will not look stock. Usually, people hide it in various places under the driver's side dash, in the change compartment, sometimes even in the glove box. If the alarm was installed by a pro, it's in there. If not, then it still may be there unless the guy that put it in thought it was too much of a pain to run a pair of wires a few feet.

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 01:01 PM
well under my driver side dash there are a pair of wires. one red one black. kind of thick wires. but they are just open on each end. and if i remember, my alarm didnt work, and when i vaccuumed i moved em around a bit and all of a sudden my alarm armed itself. very exciting since my alarm never worked. but you think it could be those?

here is a pic from a while ago before i tucked them away...

http://photography.plex.nu/my_car/civic_01-08-17/civic_09.jpg

also note the hole in the lower knee part of the dash

and that LED in the upper right corner doesn't light up. looks like i have to replace the whole piece there. that little arrow shaped piece is my little chip that, when removed, completely kills my starter. even if my alarm is disarmed. (my alarm also kills the starter)

Ebranste
02-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Not if the wires are thick. The wires for a valet witch are always like 18 gauge. So no, but if the wiring was that poorly done, I'd actually take off the lower dash cover and fix any loose connections.

I've wired a couple of my own alarms and the valet switch was simpl optional. It didn't have to be connected for the alarm to work.

Most likely, the wires you are talking about are the power and ground wires for the alarm module itself. Ground is black and power is red.

I'm not there personally to see it, but perhaps the moron that put it in left the fuse holder for the alarm in an easy access point, then for some reason later, maybe when he sold the car, he just cut it.

Or maybe, someone stole the car and just cut the obviouly exposed alarm wire to disable it.

89ssgti
02-15-2002, 01:14 PM

well if i leave my door open, my alarm won't arm itself. so it wont go off when i scrub some dirt out of the moldings and whatnot. but i don';t leave it open when i wash it, so my alarm usually goes off.
if you don't find the kill switch underdash,you can just leave the key on accessories,and listen to the music while you wash your car;)

Ebranste
02-15-2002, 01:21 PM
I think the hole looks rectangular, not circular, so it definately would not be for a toggle switch, and those wires are definately look 12 gauge.

The hole for the toggle switch would be a small circular hole, just large enough to pass the base of the switch through.

That definately looks like the power and ground prom the pic you sent me. I'd get the alarm rewired, or do it yourself if I were you. Maybe even get a better alarm while you're at it....

Example,... I got my Avital 6500 off of ebay for $100 and installed it myself. In my old college town, I was good friends with some guys that ran a audio and security shop. These alarms professionally installed were $500 and up. I love ebay.

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 01:26 PM
well my alarm works fine now. and i havn't looked at where those wires are coming from. i think the alarm module is under there somewhere too. i'll have to check. maybe there's a switch on the module? if those were the power & ground wires wouldn't my alarm NOT work? it works now. and the wires are still not attached to anything. i have to look though to see where they come from.

Ebranste
02-15-2002, 01:36 PM
IC, I re-read your thread. You never connected them. Then in that case, I'm not sure what they are.The valet switch is never on the module itself either.

Get the alarm rewired or get a new one installed by a pro. That's my suggestion. You could probably get a wiring diagram for the Viper's online and the color codes for your stock wiring are all over the internet.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

j.fuggi
02-15-2002, 05:46 PM

where would i look for my motion sensor??

Ebranste
02-16-2002, 01:29 AM
He most likely meant 'shock' sensor. Jusginf by the 2 button remote you have, the alarm isn't that good.

Even with the expensive alarms, motion sensors are add on modules that cost extra.

j.fuggi
02-16-2002, 07:52 AM
my alarm's not that bad. a little old, yes... but it works great. if you open doors or trunk it goes off. if you slap the window it goes off. scrubing too hard on the moldings lol. trying to start the car it goes off too.

but no motion sensors. i want to buy a crazy ass system at somepoint. dont they make one that if you step within like 1 - 2 feet it goes off?

Ebranste
02-16-2002, 01:25 PM
Yup, they do. I'm looking into motion sensors myself now cause some punks keep steeling the valve caps off of my wheels. Sooner or later, they might decide to scratch them up too so I think a motion sensor would be a good idea for the immediate future for myself.

Xplocivic
02-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I meant shock sensor. I think I'm gonna look into motion sensors for my car as well.

As an update: I was able to buff out a large majority of the scratch, but where they went deep and exposed metal, I had to resort to the ol' touch-up paint. I'm gonna take some pics tomorrow and I'll post em up. You can still see the whole scratch, but its not as noticeable as before.

igo4bmx
02-17-2002, 11:20 PM
if motion sensors are the same as proximity sensors... then basically you can't have metal flake - type tint. the metal particules in that kind of tint won't let the sensors work properly.

Xplocivic
02-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by igo4bmx
if motion sensors are the same as proximity sensors... then basically you can't have metal flake - type tint. the metal particules in that kind of tint won't let the sensors work properly.
IMO, that type of tint is totally ricey! Whack, even! Exit, stage left!:D

(If you're not old enough, you prolly won't get it) But that tint really is ugly.

igo4bmx
02-17-2002, 11:29 PM

IMO, that type of tint is totally ricey! Whack, even! Exit, stage left!:D

(If you're not old enough, you prolly won't get it) But that tint really is ugly.

i hope you don't think i meant sparkly tint!! tint comes in two ways.. it is dyed a specific color.. but due to the fact the colors fade.. people have now made tint with metal particles that give the int it s color(shades of gray now glitter!! hahaha)

so its not ugly really it looks like normal tint but the int will never fade since its not colored.

Jimster
02-18-2002, 02:32 AM
haha I can see your reflection taking the picture :D

But seriously key scratches arent nearly as frustrating as dents from the doors of Renault Scenic RX4's and Range Rovers

1995HondaCivic
02-18-2002, 03:55 AM
sorry to hear about your car. hondas are really the target in my town now a days. they keyed my cousins custom purple civic, and they loosened my moms lug nuts on here coupe. :mad: :mad: :mad:

j.fuggi
02-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 1995HondaCivic
sorry to hear about your car. hondas are really the target in my town now a days. they keyed my cousins custom purple civic, and they loosened my moms lug nuts on here coupe. :mad: :mad: :mad:

what the hell is the world coming to? proximity sensors coming very soon. and fuck sirens... toxic gas will be released in a 5foot range. motherfuckers cant just live their lives without fucking everyone elses.

DRxCIVIC
02-18-2002, 10:51 PM
mang ima have a customize alarm.. one fully equiped with a pet-bull sleeping under my car.. when someone is even looking in the direction of my car, the dog will simply awake and attack with no mercy!:frog:

j.fuggi
02-19-2002, 01:27 AM
yo yo Ebranste... do you think those thick wires are my wires that make my lights flash when my alarm is armed and disarmed or whatever? because nothing flashes when i arm it. and i want them to. and those are pretty thick wires... anyone know?

Ebranste
02-19-2002, 01:38 AM
The flashing parking light option wit the alarm you use would require a relay to actually flash your parking lights.

If you want to trace those 2 wires, and they are from such a relay, you might be able to find out by tracing them under the dash. If they connect to a square black box with 5 connections on it, that would be exactly what it is for. Check and let me know what they run to.

j.fuggi
02-19-2002, 01:49 AM
k i'll do it first thing when i wake up tomorrow. lol prolly 2pm

CivicGuy2000
05-06-2002, 03:20 AM
That's some fucked up shit. The ones who do shit like that are those cheap bastards driving geo's. Some fuckers smashed my rear window on my civic last summer. Its nice if you got a tight civic and another car on the side so you can take that places and not have to worry about it and always park in the garage otherwise all i can say is have a working alarm that is very sensative and one that warns away bitch ass niggas when they get to near to the car

SmoovSol
05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
dude I think he might have scratched your car for that ugly azz home made lookin vtec sticker on there, I know I get pissed when I see stickerz like that on peoples whips. I would never key a car but someone else might look at the sticker and say "gayness" and key yo shit. My 2 cents

Xplocivic
05-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by SmoovSol
dude I think he might have scratched your car for that ugly azz home made lookin vtec sticker on there
Ok, thanks assclown. Well, to start, the sticker isn't home made. And secondly, I have a D16z6 in my car that indeed does have VTEC so I feel that I have every right in the world to put a VTEC sticker on my car. If you knew anything about Hondas then you would have known that my car is equipped with VTEC. It's people like you who key peoples cars even though you say you wouldn't. And quit ending your wordz wit z's, homz. You be soundin strait retarded. And dat be bein my 2 centz, yo. :flipa:

grrltoy
05-07-2002, 10:57 AM
2 weeks after I had bought my car, got into a spat with this jerk, and he took a piece of sand paper to my hood. Nice, huh?

clatescivicr
05-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Didnt you have you cd player stolen a few times too? And if your car has been attacked so much, why not get collision? Yes it might be more, but in your case it would have been worth it in the long run. I don't mean to hate at all, just trying to help ya out. I would go and primer the car right away...and who cars if it looks bad....maybe then people will stop messing with your car? And if people mess with it when you have primer on it, I would highly suggest getting collision because you know soon as you paint it, its going to be attacked.

Xplocivic
05-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks, I totally know what you mean. But I think you mean comprehensive coverage, not collision. But anyway, I'm getting it next billing cycle. Yeah, they broke into my car twice and it has been keyed once. I'm still looking for a new dash (used). Cause they busted mine all to hell last time they stole the head unit.

1995HondaCivic
05-07-2002, 07:33 PM
dam* man, its a sign for you to get out of there

sorry to hear about that

DRxCIVIC
05-07-2002, 10:49 PM
dude do you have an alarm?? mang some stupid fuckers broke into my shiet the other week! stole my dam system.. but i still got my head unit.. and i have the same exact car as u man...

Xplocivic
05-07-2002, 11:31 PM
Yep, the alarm was going off. Good stuff, right? People are so desensitized to alarms now that nobody even takes a second look anymore. I want to get something instead of a siren, I want it to shout "Some Assclown is breaking into my fucking car, shoot the motherfucker!!!" over and over again. I think peeps might look if they heard that. You think?

Darkwing
05-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Yep, the alarm was going off. Good stuff, right? People are so desensitized to alarms now that nobody even takes a second look anymore. I want to get something instead of a siren, I want it to shout "Some Assclown is breaking into my fucking car, shoot the motherfucker!!!" over and over again. I think peeps might look if they heard that. You think?

roflmao, when you get one, send me one too! That would be awesome :D

I would also like one that just starts making gunshot noises and uzi blasts all over the place. Gunshots are good for both scaring off the attacker and attracting attention!!

But the assclown one would work too, lmao.

Add your comment to this topic!