1996 jimmy turn signal

rosey
09-25-2004, 06:41 PM
I've changed my multi function switch ($140) and my blinkers still do not work. The cruise, washers, and dimmer all work. Any ideas what the problem might be.

farmgirlalways
09-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Have you replaced the flasher unit for the turn signals (not the hazard flasher unit) ? Some post somewhere had how to do this. It is located under radio area of the dash. I had to have this done 6 months ago and I think that is what is wrong now, both turn signals quit working at once.

Jim777
10-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Have you replaced the flasher unit for the turn signals (not the hazard flasher unit) ? Some post somewhere had how to do this. It is located under radio area of the dash. I had to have this done 6 months ago and I think that is what is wrong now, both turn signals quit working at once.
Yeah, the flasher unit is worth a try. On the 96 it is behind the knee kick panel, in the center of the vehicle. (The knee kick panel is the same panel the cigarette lighter is attached to. Several screws and you are there. Shouldn't cost more than about $4 or $5. The hazard flasher is mounted beside the turn signal flasher, and uses the same pn switch. Two types were used on the 96, the older type is round and the newer is square. Before you buy a replacement, try swapping the turn signal flasher with the hazard flasher (they are the same). They pull straight out. If the problem swaps to the hazard flashers then you have found your problem.

mustardc
10-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I've changed my multi function switch ($140) and my blinkers still do not work. The cruise, washers, and dimmer all work. Any ideas what the problem might be.

Ma'am,
I to have a 96 jimmy. I was wondering if the turn signal switch which you replaced had the hazard light switch on it as well? if so is it still good and would you be interested in selling it? I have a switch on my truck that has the hazard part broken. If you are interested e-mail me with a possible price.Thank you very much

Add your comment to this topic!