Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cold Air intake better the ram air??

00grandamgt
09-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey I have a 2000 pontiac Grand Am GT and I have the factory ram air. I was wondering if replacing the ram air with cold air intake would give me more HP. If anyone knows please let me know and also if you can give me a brand and site to order th CAI from. On my car I also have a JET performance module, it changes the air/fuel ratio which helped a lot. And I also have a K&N filter. If anyone knows of any other perfomance upgrades, please let me know what they are and a website to get them from and how much HP gain and a price. thank you.

mwheue
09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
You will not gain alot if anything from a cold air intake. Here are a couple of websites to look at
www.pfyc.com
www.doctorspeed.com

Markgase2000
09-26-2004, 10:56 AM
I have news for you 00grandamgt your factory ram air is cold air induction as well and if you change it to a stainless cold air setup it will be detremental cus heat isnt blocked by the stainless as well as the rubber ones you have already. All you really need to change for best results for intake with your exsisting ram air is to free up the restrictions , try boring out the mas airflow sensor housing that allows the air to ram more dense into the engine. Since your oem filter box has an inlet for ram air and fender inlet (thats 2 inlets for intake air) the lower fender inlet could be made into a secondary ram air tube with pbc tubing from the front bumper and up into the lowwer intake to the filter box. With the combination of ram air and cold air intake with the bored out mas airflow sensor and replace the filter element with K&N filter you should see a dramatic increase in performance and sound. Stainless stuff isnt the way to go all the time sometimes the oem stuff is just fine with a lil tuning.

Add your comment to this topic!