Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

IH pickup

CRSMechanical
09-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Just saw the add for the new pickup by International. Has anyone heard if Dodge Ram is considering any competition for this big (pickup) truck.

BleedDodge
09-25-2004, 05:47 PM
They don't have to consider anything since they don't compare.

praisethelowered
09-25-2004, 07:39 PM
They don't have to consider anything since they don't compare.

I agree. The new IH mickup is a limited production vehicle designed for a particular niche. It is cool, but defianetly overkill. At least now people who own hummers have someone else to point a finger at.

CRSMechanical
09-26-2004, 06:44 AM
I AGREE ALSO! International has enough business savy to realize that if they can make a mid sized comercial truck into a fashion statement or life style accessory then they can sell to the market demographic that caused blue jeans to sky rocket and SUVs to become a staple in every auto makers lineup.
A few people who could find real use for a personal pick up of this size may well find the price becomes "if you need to ask you can't afford it".

BleedDodge
09-26-2004, 11:36 AM
One of the times that there was nothing else to watch on tv, I was unfortunate enough to begin watching that show called Trucks, and they had one of those concept Dodge Power Wagons on there. It looked tough but it was aimed more at luxury than anything else. It will probably never hit production.

LTJGWorth
09-26-2004, 04:21 PM
That truck is kind of ugly. The new Ford Superduty would do almost just as good. I mean, no one who want's a pick-up is going to want that. It's way too much.

CRSMechanical
09-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I personally like ugly!! But I don't expect or want everybody to like what I like.

BleedDodge
09-27-2004, 09:45 PM
For sure. You'll be seen in a real nice vehicle, and turn heads. You'll also be seen in an ugly vehicle, and turn heads, but you might not be respected. If you have an in-between vehicle then you just fit in with everything else and you don't get noticed. I'd like to think my truck looks good, and I get seen in it, but I also get seen in my ugly little car too!

CRSMechanical
09-27-2004, 09:57 PM
When I mentioned to my inlaws that I never cared about appearance they said "We kinda guessed that a long time ago". My friends always took up for me if anyone else said I was going crazy they always said "that's crazier for sure".
Hey Rodney has done the "I can't get any respect" routine so I had better quit it.

I had a wild idea the other day when talking about mud racing. I work for a Class 8 truck dealer and tried to imagine a 'semi tractor mud truck'.

Add your comment to this topic!