Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stay Away From Maroone Toyota Weston, FL

jhlcomp
09-24-2004, 10:20 PM
I sent the following to the state (for what ever good that will do).

I went to Maroone Toyota today because my brakes were feeling spongy. Sometime after leaving the dealer I was called stating I would need new rotors, master cylinder, brake pads, and that the system would need to be flushed (this is a given when you change out the master cylinder). The cost would be approx. $1000. Then I received another call stating that the rear brakes would also need an adjustment and perhaps new pads. I complained that the price was excessive. I was called approxiamtely 1/2 hour later stating that there was a mistake. That a supervisor looked at the car and in fact I did not need this extensive amount of work. The original bill would have exceeded $1000; the new bill in the $700 area. I told Maroone that they lost a customer today. I went to Meineke - all I needed was a new master cylinder and the total cost of repair was $347.

MagicRat
09-25-2004, 07:11 AM
At some places (chain muffler shops like mineke are notorious for this) mechanics get a commission on all new parts installed.
It sounds as if the dealer mechanic was way too enthusiastic about replacing things. Smart mechanics know they must use some restraint or they will lose the whole sale, as they did with you.

ZZZmobile
10-05-2004, 06:52 AM
I agree meinike tried to say I needed ceramic brake pads on my 01' sentra, b*llsh*t, and that I needed new rotors on the rear, also b*llsh*t. This was going to cost me in the neighborhood of $500 I was told. I went to a close friend and all I needed was new pads. Always get a second opinion and never trust a mechanic you don't know.

jmrev
10-06-2004, 07:44 PM
damn! but what car do you drive?

sirsmiley
10-26-2004, 05:34 AM
he just said a 2001 sentra ;P You could probably do the brakes yourself in an afternoon if you have a dry spot out of the weather and a set of jack stands. You can buy brake sets from most major autoparts, now if its an abs system it becomes a bit more complicated unfortunately.

Add your comment to this topic!