Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

display screen

matbek
09-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi to all.
I have resently brought a 1998 legnum and was wanting to find some infomation about the display screen and sterio system.
Is it possable to convert the screen to english?.
Is there a sertain aerial to use in nz to pick up reception.?
I also have , under the cd stacker a unit that takes a single cd, Is this a dvd player i have placed the tv to vtr but was unable to get any signal on the screen.
Any infomation about this system would be most helpfull.
Thanks

nukztar
09-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Goddaaammm it... if i knew about all these problems i might have hesitated before purchasing my gorgeous on the outside galand vrg gdi

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/ is a link you can go to to determine the best type of petrol to use for whatever jap car youve got. And yes the GDI vehicles usually need premium petrol 96+

Im in auckland and i do remember one of the bp stations stocking 98, but damn expensive.. i bought my 98 galant vrg gdi in excellent condition (physically) a week ago and i loved it but i did notice petrol consumption to be higher than usual. i appreciate all your help, i shall try and use caltex 96 from now on. Please keep us informed on how your mods helped stunt.. youve all been very helpful.. my car just seems to have a bit of a jittery whirring when idle..

AS FOR THE GPS - THE DEVICE IN URE BOOT WITH A SINGLE CD SLOT IS FOR THE GPS SERVICE, THRS A CD THATS PUT INTO THE GPS DEVICE BUT ITS ALL IN JAPANESE. SO NOT TOO HELPFUL.

There have been rumours floating around that this can be fixed with an english cd so we can understand whats going on.. but havent been able to find anything solid about this as yet. anyone know of any other cool things we can do with the lcd.. seems a waste to just not use it for something eh.

grolschie
01-04-2005, 09:49 PM
I just got them to remove all the GPS crap from my Legnum when I bought it. I was told afterwards that some of it was actually quite heavy.

irishgalantvrg
07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
u need this stuff ,

http://www.idealcarparts.com/default.htm?page=12

bbexx
10-03-2005, 08:54 PM
the display screen on mine keeps comin up wif the same image of a blue pic wif sum lines on it everything works well but have no access to change cds or control a/c and as it is all in jap i dont know where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick mann
10-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Search the web for MMCS. I can't remember exactly what it stands for, but it is something like Mitsubishi Multi Communication System. There is a forum opening for it as so many Mitsys have this system in Japan. AFAIK it is not yet possible to convert it to English, but many people are working on it.

hjwaagen
12-25-2005, 04:21 PM
the display screen on mine keeps comin up wif the same image of a blue pic wif sum lines on it everything works well but have no access to change cds or control a/c and as it is all in jap i dont know where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever your battery has been disconnected you will need to insert a boot cd into the MMCS single cd unit in the back of the car. I have 1 if you need it.
H

wbh
01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Search the web for MMCS. I can't remember exactly what it stands for, but it is something like Mitsubishi Multi Communication System. There is a forum opening for it as so many Mitsys have this system in Japan. AFAIK it is not yet possible to convert it to English, but many people are working on it.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, have you found it possible to convert to english yet thanks.

nick mann
01-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't have one and don't intend to get one! Try a web search on MMCS for more info.

Add your comment to this topic!