Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 22re wont start!

xtoyotacorex
09-23-2004, 11:46 PM
I was trying to show to my friend that if you switch the spark plug wires the car will run poor. So I reversed two spark plug wires at the distributer and turned my key. HUGE mistake on my part, I am still kicking myself in the ass for this. Well I didn't actually start the car, it made a clunk noise. Then I put the plugs back to their respective spots and tried to staret the vehicle, now it wont start! WTF did i do???!! It cranks over clean, but wont start, not even a sputter. F#$%!!!! It was running just a hour prior to this, never had any issues before. Did I upset something? What could have I ruined? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

xtoyotacorex
09-24-2004, 03:22 PM
It started this morning, it blew out a huge cloud of white smoke, ran rough for a moment then smoothed out. strange. It must have been backed up emmisions or something. I dont have a clue.

natenelsen
09-26-2004, 12:36 PM
LOL, well, cant say that I have never done anything silly my self, but it was probably just flooded and by letting itsit you gave the plugs time to dry.

Nate

xtoyotacorex
09-26-2004, 11:36 PM
LOL, well, cant say that I have never done anything silly my self, but it was probably just flooded and by letting itsit you gave the plugs time to dry.

Nate
Ya, I don't think I'll do that again, your right I probobly did flood the engine.

Add your comment to this topic!