Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tracker lift and tires

superjens
09-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Howdie y'all. I'm an Xterra guy myself, but recently came into possession of a 2002 Tracker 4x4 (along with a cute girl who drives it). Anyways, as the man who wears the pants I've assumed responsability for maintaining this thing.

The girl in question said 'yes' to me offering to lift it a tad and get some bigger rubber under it. The lift is just for cosmetics, when we go offroad the Xterra is built up and is our first choice. The current tires have 50,000 kms on them and slide in the wet like it's on ice.

Lift: What are my options for getting an inch or so of lift? Coil spacers? Any comments on if these are a good or bad idea?

Tires: It's got the 205/75R15's on there now, but I noticed that the LT and ZR2 versions have 215/75R15's, so obviously those will fit on this one as well. How much room do I have under there to go even bigger? Would a 235/75R15 fit? According to my horrible calculations this would be about an inch taller.

Gracias for your help!

1995 geo tracker
09-24-2004, 07:18 AM
don't use coil spring spacers , check this site out they should have what you need to get it lifted http://www.puresuzuki.com/suzukimain.htm

superjens
09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
For a mod that to me would be just for cosmetics, I'm not about to drop $1000 and endless hours in the garage putting all that in. If I was turning this into a trail rig, that'd be another story.

I've seen coil spacers for really cheap, so I'll go back to my question: Are they a bad idea?

1995 geo tracker
09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
they will make the ride harsh

Add your comment to this topic!