Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hks or blitz bov

madman
02-12-2002, 06:37 PM
What sounds best/loudest

Blitz Supr Sound BOV or HKS Super Sequential BOV.

Can people tell me what they have and what noise they make. Please.....

(My understanding is that HKS or high pitch whistle and Blitz are deeper whoosh)

WraithR32
02-13-2002, 04:18 AM
well I have neither....

I have a RacePro Bov.. depending on how much boost I am getting depends on noise (although may depend on boost controller also...)

Top boost... get a sort of whipping noise..

mid boost... get standard chshhhhh noise

low boost... get a chittering noise

border_project
02-14-2002, 10:42 PM
i really like the blitz super blow off valve.
but im not really sure which one sounds the loudest and the best.
it depends on how much boost your running under as well.
ask your local dealer which one sounds better for them because they have more experience with sounds and pricings.

madman
02-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Well, i spoke to the dealer.

They said "HKS ones are shit, and Blitz are rubbish in general". So thats that i guess. He also explained that becuase the standard ones recurculate, if i fit replacements that don't recirculate then I have to be willing to put up with a car that stalls (unless i fit an idle controller).

Seems like the 2 standard ones are good enough for me then. I guess I won't touch them after all.

(oh and he reckons even when you have an idle controller they make a nasty whooshing sound regardless which makes the car sound very 'sad boy racer')

border_project
02-15-2002, 11:41 AM
have you looked at other blow off valves?
have you looked at the sard R2D2 twin drive type blow off valve?? i heard they make really loud *PSHHHHHH* type sound.
just look around websites. the only part i hate is, you dont know what it sounds like and how it would sound like on your car. just like when you want to buy exhausts.
they should have like demo exhausts, and blow off valves. then you can find out what it sounds like and stuff on YOUR car.
to me thats a good idea.

Gonthrax
02-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by madman
What sounds best/loudest

Blitz Supr Sound BOV or HKS Super Sequential BOV.

Can people tell me what they have and what noise they make. Please.....

(My understanding is that HKS or high pitch whistle and Blitz are deeper whoosh)

I'd be more worried about stopping backspin then what sound it makes, so if you want a good one that works I'd check out the turbosmart ones. Here's the site:
http://www.turbosmart.com.au/bov_aus.html

They also have BOV adapters on that site also :)

cheers,

madman
02-15-2002, 01:23 PM
The standard Nissan ones fitted to the car do a superb job.

However, i have a friend with a 200sx, and he fitted HKS SSQV to that and they make a brilliant high pitch squeal which sounds great.

I have no reason to pull the existing ones off really, but being sad as I am, I liked that high pitched squeal.

Gonthrax
02-16-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by madman

I have no reason to pull the existing ones off really, but being sad as I am, I liked that high pitched squeal.

Hehe, I understand man, it would be pretty funny to come off boost next to a bus stop and people who arn't looking would stand up :p :hehehe:

Add your comment to this topic!