2001 jimmy tire choices????????

Abe Froman
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
i have a 01 jimmy and i live in upstate ny where it can get pretty cold and verry ICY.I've been looking at the firestone firehawk indy 500 with uni-t(235/70/r15)the page i've seen them on says they are good in the snow but everyone who owns them(reviews)lives down south or out west my questions are does anyone else own these tires and would you recremend them? What other tires do you rec. for good allseason tire????? Thanks

Enginegone
09-24-2004, 04:19 PM
i have a 01 jimmy and i live in upstate ny where it can get pretty cold and verry ICY.I've been looking at the firestone firehawk indy 500 with uni-t(235/70/r15)the page i've seen them on says they are good in the snow but everyone who owns them(reviews)lives down south or out west my questions are does anyone else own these tires and would you recremend them? What other tires do you rec. for good allseason tire????? Thanks
I live in Nova Scotia and run Michelin ltx m/s work geat all year.
put 40000 on last set before they wore out

DZNZ
10-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Dude -- I have a 98 slt 4x4 and I recently purchased BF Goodrich All Terrains. They are awesome so far. Great handling and low noise for an AT tire.

I got them because they have a very good wet/ice/snow rating. My last set (long trails) sucked in the wet.

Peace,
DZNZ

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 06:43 PM
If you want awesome tires at an awesome price, go to Wallmart and get their ALL Track A/T tires.

Great warranty, road side assistance and about 30% cheap and the tread is amazing.

GeneP
10-27-2004, 07:11 AM
My wife's 97 Jimmy has some really junk "Marathon" (I think Goodyear) tires on it. They are absolutely horrible even in the rain, not to mention in any other bad weather such as snow. I have had 2 sets of Goodyear Wrangler RT/S P235/75 R15 on my 2000 Sonoma. I do mostly highway driving. At high speed they are quiet and easy on the gas mileage. In nasty weather they are very good and just fabulous in the snow. I like them so much I am actually having them put on the wife's Jimmy today.

Gene

JimmyGold
10-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I have a 2000 Jimmy SLT. I replaced my stocl rims with 15x8 Eagle Alloy rims. Love em. I currently have a Bridgestone Dueler APT III's on my truck, they are good tires but ride a little rough. I too want to get a set of Indy's on mine - 235/70/15 up front and 275/60/15 in the back, but the snow thing concerns me. I live in NY too, and I need snow and ice traction which the Dueler's I have will provide. If you want traction and and you are going to stay with a stock size tire go with an all terrain tire, not the Indys. I still plan on getting the Indys put on my truck cuz I want the 275's in the back - but I do have reservations. Good luck!

BlazerLT
10-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Bridgestone Duellers are excellent tires.

I am running them on 18 inch rims and they are incredibly grippy.

jl2tx
10-27-2004, 11:36 PM
BF Goodrich-always a good choice.You can also go with Goodyear wranglers.If price is an issue then go with the wal-mart tires.

BlazerLT
10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I would stay away from goodyears right now, they are having many many quality control issues.

I am so impressed with the wallmart brand tires I bought, save 200 and they are leaps and bounds better better on the tread thickness.

Trust me, check them out, you won't be sorry.

I am the pickiest prick you will have ever had the joy of talking to and I love them.

smonaldo
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Bridgestone Dueler ht....have them on mine....great performance

Add your comment to this topic!