Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bumper/ Transmission Plastic Covers

swtslvrmonkey
09-22-2004, 01:47 AM
I have a 95 integra guys, and those plastic covers that hang off the bottom of my bumper/ transmission are driving me nuts. When i approach a bump, i can hear the grinding sound, even when im not going that fast. What is the easiest way of either fixing them, or removing them? Are there any clips or screws i may need to obtain in order to retain the covers? If so, where coudl i find them?

knorwj
09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
I have found that the easiest way to fix those plastic covers if they aren't broken or cracked is to get these things called speed nuts, all they are is a small metal clip with a threaded hole through it. just clip this onto the tab on the car that the cover used to screw into, now get a short stubby machine screw that will screw into the speed nut (make sure it has a big enough head or use a washer so it doesn't pull through the plastic) and reattach the plastic cover. worked great on my car I have them all over, inner fender, transmission lower cover, the one under my radiator.... you get the point.

as far as finding them... well you should be able to find them anywhere they sell automotive nuts and bolts, or even a hardware store. I'm not sure because I got mine from work.... hehe

Anyway if you have a hard time finding them or you need more info, possibly a better description whatever, let me know.

Add your comment to this topic!