Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help please drawing widebody

KRUXskater
09-21-2004, 09:32 PM
i dont really understand drawing cars with widebody kits or fender flares, etc... any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

later, cam

KustmAce
09-21-2004, 10:04 PM
What exactly do you need help with? Gotta be more specific.

Jeep_Rubicon
09-21-2004, 10:05 PM
maybe post a pic of what you are drawing or a rough idea of what you are doing...

bonzelite
09-22-2004, 02:13 AM
it would seem to follow that if you have trouble with wide-body drawing, then you would have trouble drawing anything at all car-related. but perhaps you can show us what you've got so far and we can carry on ahead.

do you not understand how the relationship of the wheels to the surface of the body is? a hint is to look at older cars from the 30s and 40s with the large fender housings. those are essentially wide-body add-ons as part of the original cars' design. actually, this goes back even farther than that. you can say, then, that the first cars of our history were wide-body.

so take that idea, and just melt or further sculpt into the car's body the pumped out guards you'd find on a GTR or any JGTC or Daytona car. get down to a hobby shop and specifically look for the racing version of the GTR, as those are commonly found as kits and feature the widebody effect.

i am partial to the GTR, but there are heaps of others out there. you can look at 'zines all day, but having a model will IMMEDIATELY help you. :)

ww667
09-22-2004, 10:06 AM
i have the same problem.
what you need to work on is understanding a dimension just playing it out in the head before you put it on the paper.
well bug part of it is shadows and lights that is what gives the effect.
Look in the tutorial section how to do that.
well and what can i say it is all just about ptactis practise practise !!!!!! (that is what i am going to do now)

ww667
09-22-2004, 10:24 AM
i just drow a wery fast fast sketch ;)
i know it looks so bad ;)
well what can you want it is 1 min and free hand ;)
so i hope this will show you how and why ;)
http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL95/2104485/4087202/67477667.jpg

KustmAce
09-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Not too bad actually. What are those 3 square things above the wheel well?

ww667
09-22-2004, 10:43 PM
just to show where shoud higlight go so it apears to be pushing out

Jeep_Rubicon
09-23-2004, 02:55 PM
that looks about right, unless you want to go into further detail.

KRUXskater
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
oh man, sorry guys, ive been away for a while. thats why i havent replied. what i need help is, is where to have the widebody come out of the car. ive been working on it in school, but i need a scanner, its getting really annoying not being able to post anything >:0, but im switching schools soon, and the new school has a super tech comp lab and scanners, so ill have a heap of drawings, eventually..... basically, my widebodyed cars have a front lip that continues down and up into the front flares, then the back fender/wheelwells come out from behind the door. sorry for lack of pics :( . well ill try the model idea as soon as possible, ill also search for as much ref pics with widebody as possible. thanks a lot for your help guys!! p.s. no offence ww, but i can do a little better than that, though i understand that its a quick sketch, but thx!.

ww667
09-30-2004, 07:55 AM
he he np i will be at work to day i will do one sketch like work on it a bit now yhjat i think that i understand what are you looking at ;)

Add your comment to this topic!