Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Perspective

89IROC&RS
09-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Ok, in responce to the threads started by guys that may or may not be annoying the girls in here, how bout this one, think back to the first day you saw the first car you bought, or had bought, for you. try to remember the way you felt when you saw it, ran your hand down the hood, opened the door and sat in it, and fired it up for the first time. lets hear some stories, what made you buy your baby.

lancerlady03
09-25-2004, 01:59 PM
My first car was pathetic. It was a 1989 Suzuki Swift hatchback. But i loved that car. I bought it myself when I was 15 yrs old. The paint was fading, windshield was cracked, interior was shot, but I loved it. And best of all, it was only $800. I was kind of skeptical at first, but a quick trip to my mechanic assured me that this beast wasn't going to break down on me. (for awhile). I think what caught my eye was the polished aluminum rims on it. And the unGodly peel-n-stick chrome rocker panels. So I drove that car for a year or so and loved every minute of it. Pretty sad. Now, I am almost 21yrs old and have a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer and wouldn't change it for the world. Except for an Evo or a Ferarri or something. It's pretty sad how a set of sparkly rims can change a girl into what i am now. Except now, I like to put a lot more "go" into my car. :evillol: . I think the reason I bought my Lancer is because at the time, no one had one in my hometown. (now they're everywhere) But no one around here will come close to what I have on my lancer because I am surrounded by rednecks. :lol: Anyway, that is how i have become interested in imports.

YukiHime
09-25-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not a really good writer, but I can still try. I remember the day that I got my permit, my dad asked me which car of his that I liked. He had a RX-7(Now mine), a 3000GT SL, and a Pick-up he sold it later. I told him that I need some time to think. And I picked the RX-7. Because the door handle's position attracted me so bad. And the no backseat design made me picked it. Because that's the best reason that I don't need to share the car with my brother. Those were the days...haha.

Add your comment to this topic!