Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

First Time with HLJ; Questions about Shipping to the US.

ImolaEK
09-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Well I am about to place an order to HLJ for my first time. I was wondering how long it takes for a typical order by SAL to the US. Has anyone used EMS that lives in the US? If so can you please tell me how long you think this will take. Is EMS really worth the bucks? :screwy:

Im really looking for feedback from US residents that have ordered from HLJ.

Thanks!,

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I can give you a few examples to the Atlanta, GA area.

Recently a friend received a box containing three kits shipped EMS and it arrived two or three days after shipping. Shipping cost was 3600 yen, roughly $12 per kit for shipping. They deliver EMS on Sunday and holidays...I was there on a Sunday when he got an HLJ package.

I receive boxes from HLJ via SAL to the same area in about 10 days, sometimes 12. Latest package w/two kits shipped was 1280 yen to ship; a package w/two kits and two cans of paint was 1480 yen to ship, and a package with one kit and two parts packs was 980 yen to ship.

I don't see a reason for paying extra for EMS, I'm never in that much of a hurry to want to pay that much for 2 or 3 day shipping. My friend has updated his shipping info. so that he'll get kits SAL.

ImolaEK
09-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Wow, i think i will have to go with SAL. Jeez soo much money for shipping! Do they charge shipping fee's per model or per item. Like 7 dollars per kit. Lets hope not :crying:

Drift Parts Set ¥800
FUJ11112 GT Tuning Parts ¥1,000
FUJ18643 Integra Type R - Spoon Sports ¥2,000
HSGCD10 Honda Civic Vti/Eti ¥1,600

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Read their page on shipping charges, and then use my examples. They charge by weight. The shipping box will always add a certain amount of weight, if you ship one kit it will cost more for that one kit than if you ship two kits at the same time...the cost isn't doubled as they share the same box. Look at their estimate to ship one kit, then what it cost me to have two delivered. The parts or a can of paint added about 100 yen per set above what the kits cost. It's not bad, compared to what you might pay in a hobby shop for these items. Fujimi kits are incredibly overpriced in the US. Those kits you list will be close to $40 each in a hobby shop if you find them here.

ImolaEK
09-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Read their page on shipping charges, and then use my examples. They charge by weight. The shipping box will always add a certain amount of weight, if you ship one kit it will cost more for that one kit than if you ship two kits at the same time...the cost isn't doubled as they share the same box. Look at their estimate to ship one kit, then what it cost me to have two delivered. The parts or a can of paint added about 100 yen per set above what the kits cost. It's not bad, compared to what you might pay in a hobby shop for these items. Fujimi kits are incredibly overpriced in the US. Those kits you list will be close to $40 each in a hobby shop if you find them here.

I agree, these kits are soo highly priced. Where i normally buy my Fujimi/Aoshima/and Tamiya kits the prices are soo high! Not only the prices but the selection is soo small! The Spoon Integra was 26 dollars! I was going to buy it but it was Sold out, leaving me with no option but HLJ :evillol:

Well i just placed my order and decided i would pay by Money Order.

Thank you ZoomZoomMX-5 for you quick response and great help!

Add your comment to this topic!