Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My subs are making noises

greenstreetdream
09-20-2004, 07:35 PM
when i turn off my car my subs make this noise like i have them still on. its like a loud constant bass
what is wrong wit it.

TFFantasy44
09-20-2004, 11:22 PM
You probably have some wires touching where they shouldn't. Check the wires from the sub and the remote wire on the amp and make sure nothing is touching them anywhere.

Haibane
09-20-2004, 11:28 PM
rcas are probably ran in the wrong place recieving bad signal

Brandish
09-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Are you running high-level ins on the amp? Could be getting feedback. Just disconnect the negatives on the high-level inputs.

CocaColaEatsPie
09-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I doubt it has anything to do with the RCA's... but I'm really not to experienced, I just say that because if the Remote Turn On worked correctly the amp would power down and then the signal the rca's get wouldn't make any difference... Right? I'm not sure though, I'd like to know myself actually

Haibane
09-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Where are your RCAS running relative to your power wires?

greenstreetdream
09-21-2004, 09:39 PM
my deck for my car didnt come yet and i have had this adaptor hooked up so that you can have subs hooked up to ur stock deck and wut i think happened is the guy put it in wrong because i have installed many systems before and this never happened before.

Also i just got a digital cap and it doesnt turn off for like a min or two after i turn off my car could this have anything to do with that also?

Brandish
09-21-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm guessing it's the line-out converter. As I said above, try diconnecting the negatives on the LOC and just use the positives for inputs to it. Also, if there is a ground wire on it, try connecting that to a ground source in the vehicle.

Gtdo14
08-13-2005, 03:02 AM
hey, i don't know if you guys would be able to help me but, i've tried 2 different amps already..a bazooka and a jbl. i have 2 12" pioneer subs and when they're hooked up, i have no control over them at all with my head unit (i have a pioneer 3600), i can't turn them off or change the levels, and everytime i rev, it goes through the subs, everytime i turn them off it gives off 2 bumps, everytime i hit the brakes it goes through it also. it seems like its getting feedback from the engine..any suggestions?

PaulD
08-13-2005, 01:56 PM
greenstreet ....... the cap may be powering the amp for a few seconds if the turnoff circuit isn't working correctly.

gtdo ... what kind of control do you not have ?

Gtdo14
08-13-2005, 03:30 PM
control? um..well, i dunno what you mean by that, but i have a pioneer 3600 and a bazooka amp...i dunno if that helps..heh. but like, i had this setup in my old car too and it was doin' the same thing..

CBFryman
08-14-2005, 09:28 AM
paul you do realize this thread is nearly a year old?

PaulD
08-14-2005, 11:28 AM
CB ... I don't usually look at that, I answer the questions as they come

gtdo .... either you don't have it connected correctly or it's not actually capable of what you want it to do

Add your comment to this topic!