Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Code for ram Dings

mxracer111
09-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Hello, i have a 1998 Doge Ram 1500 2 wheel 5.2L Shortbox V-8
I have a problem with the ABS and Brake light Staying on and Speedo does not work from 0-30. i have read some threads about the Speedo unit above the rear end. only 30 bucks so im Gonna try it this weekend, i thought i would try the code thingy on my Truck and wifes 99 dodge neon 2 door. hers was the key on off bout 4 times, flashes 5-5 which if i read the code artical correct means no codes all good. thats great. only prob with her car is exhaust sounds like it drops off when going through snow or gets real wet on the underside buts thats a diff thraed and forum.
My other question is on my truck i held down the trip meter and turn truck to on. held till it said chec on dach where millage is. after it did its stuff all i got in the end was 6 dings and my brake light and ABS light where on. i did it both with emergancy brake on and off and got the same readings both times.
any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks
Mike

mxracer111
10-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Well think i figured it out. dealership only wanted 3 bucks more for the speed sensor. withtax paid 41 bucks and it fixed my stalling, speedo , abs and brake light, and now when i do the self check it dosent ding back, so if yours dings 6 times or have problems with the other symptens just replace the sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!