Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 S10 LS Headlight Problem

watsonca
09-20-2004, 02:54 PM
I have a 96 S-10 LS. When I turn the headlights on they stay on for about ten seconds then the daytime runing lights come on for 1 second then they all go out. The only way to get the headlights back is turn the truck completely off and back on, but the problem repeats itself....I need help had to drive home without lights last night.

MSstate
09-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Are the headlights fading away or quickly shutting off?

BlazerLT
09-21-2004, 03:05 PM
This is just weird. I don't even know where to start.

watsonca
09-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Are the headlights fading away or quickly shutting off?

It is a quick off. I know it isn't the alternator. I thank you for any suggestions you might have.

girl with an s10
10-12-2004, 02:00 AM
My headlights on my s10 will randomly go off too. First it will kinda hum right before it goes to daylights and then after a little of daylights it completely goes off. I have to push the button on and off forever before they will come back on properly and then it just starts all over. What's wrong with them? Any ideas?

Blaazer
10-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Had a 78 trans am. After I installed high output headlamps, it use to do the same thing. My solution was to install a higher output alternator.

girl with an s10
10-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Had a 78 trans am. After I installed high output headlamps, it use to do the same thing. My solution was to install a higher output alternator.

I don't think its the alternator because i haven't improved the truck any, its got the factory headlights. Any other ideas of what i can do? Its kinda hard driving to work without headlights that stay on, especially since i work the night shift. Thanks for any help you can think of.

Add your comment to this topic!