Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My integra project

zgermans
09-20-2004, 10:10 AM
hello...i have a 94 integra ls with 150K miles...my goal is to bring my integra back to life with the help of this forum...

my first problem i need to fix is my clutch...i dont know if i need to change it or just adjust it somehow...it has a lot of play in it...in order for me to change gears i have to press it really hard...if i do need to change it could someone tell me what parts i need and possible tips??? thanks for all of your help...

mellowboy
09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Is your clutch grabbing?

zgermans
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
grabbing? my clutch has a lot of play...i can only shift gears when i press the clutch all the way to the floor...it feels like there isn't a lot of clutch left...thanks for the reply

rushb18
09-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I wo uld suggest new clutch exspecially at 150k and the way your talking and no there is no way of adjusting cause you have hydro tranny if it where a cable tranny you could thats what sucks about hydro..later

zgermans
09-20-2004, 02:10 PM
thanks for the reply...do you suggest any sites to get the clutch kit and installation guide...thanks again...

rushb18
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
I know ebay always has good buy it nows on exedy clutches i bought a stage 1 from ebay for 160 shipped and there really good clutches well to me they are...Nope dont know any sites for installation you can buy a 15 dollar haynes or chiltons manual from autozone/pepboys/advanced or where ever..but its very easy to install clutch just buy the whole kit for it..Later

mellowboy
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Maybe your flywheel needs to be resurfaced. Either way getting a new clutch is always a good idea. If you dont want to spend much and still want performance then exedy is a good system. If it grabs then the clutch is fine. Maybe your just low on fluid....

zgermans
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
thanks rushb18 and mellowboy...i think i will go with the exedy...rushb18, i have looked for a repair manual for this car and they never have them in...have you changed a clutch before...if so, im open to your instuctions...i'll still search the internet...thanks again all....

DAGAME
09-29-2004, 03:59 AM
do the clutch test, start out in 5th and try to start driving in low rpm's and if it doesnt kill it self then u need a new clutch.

Clutch kit from teh factory should run you about $200.

Add your comment to this topic!