Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rb20 GTR Beater

Wald0
09-19-2004, 05:19 PM
hi guys i just signed up,

i just bought myself a R32 Skyline GTS-T and it was my mates. He imported from japan himself for only $16000aud. It came with full gtr bodykit besides the bonnet and grille, 19inch rims, hks front mount, 4 inch mandrel bent exhaust, and ecu was chipped and he got the turbo high flowed, the guy at the dyno place said he didnt need to tune it becos it was pumping a fair bit of fuel into the engine. But in the last week i have raced numerous GTR's and beaten them by about 4 or 5 car lengths (i know this sounds weird) but the one that suprised me was this guy had an R33 GTR and he said he had N1 turbos and exhaust on it and i still beat him by about 4 car lengths and he said he was goin it as fast as it could. He asked me wat i had in mine and i told him i only had an RB20 turbo, and he just drove off in shame. My point is that importing cars from japan, you never know wat you are going to get, i bet this engine has had a fair bit of internal work done to make it go this quick. I havent taken it down the quarter yet, but will do soon. The engine is only running 12psi aswell. but i havent lost a race against anybody on the street yet.

CrashGordon
09-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Just because the car is fast does not mean that the engine is built. It might be that it is just a well tuned example. With proper tuning amazing things are possible on almost any stock bottom end.

RazorGTR
09-23-2004, 11:36 AM
What ever.

Moppie@af
09-24-2004, 05:04 AM
What ever.

My thoughts exactly.

Iv driven a highly tuned R32 GTS-t, and Iv been for a ride down the 1/4 in Vinces GTR.

there is no comparision!

For a GTS-t to be beating GTRs by that much it would have to have at least a RB25 in it with a lot of work, but more likely an RB26 with lots of work. And of course you then have to get all that power to the road.
The end result would be a car so clearly modified beyond stock even a fool could tell the differnces.
Either your making it all up, the GTR's wern't actualy racing, or wern't actualy GTR's.

matada
10-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Sorry. I was busy cleaning the bull feces off my shoes when this was posted. Hip waders are next.

Hey where is Wald0? No BS here buddy. Pics, proof, or see ya.

-The Stig-
10-03-2004, 04:50 AM
:banhim:

nismo_power
10-09-2004, 02:17 PM
It aint beatin GT-R's with them 19 inch rims.

4 inch exhaust? A skyline is not a school bus. 3 inch should be perfectly fine.

GTR2b
10-09-2004, 07:37 PM
This guy is a clown.

It sure is relieving to see that Australia has them too.

tazdev
10-10-2004, 11:43 PM
its easy to win a race when the other cars aren't racing

Add your comment to this topic!