Jaguar Losing Sales

LadyJag
09-19-2004, 04:01 PM
I have had four transmissions in my S-type 2000 with 40,000 miiles. I have complained to Jaguar and have had several "executives" contact me. All to tell me that they take no resposiblilty for this car even thought TWO Jaguar service centers have told me that the car is a lemon. I have paid over $8,000 for repairs. I have sent two certified letters to Jaguar North American headquarters in Irvine Ca.

Jaguar doesn't care about its customer's after they have purchased the car. Just check the numerous forums to find this to be true. For one common problem, Jaguar has even suggested "rocking the car" !

I have tried to tell this company that its customers do not live in vacuums. That they will tell their friends about this uncaring car company. I myself tell people to consider another car when thinking about purchasing a Jaguar. It is a beautiful car I admit but heaven help you if you have a problem.

Now I see Jaguar is pulling out of F1 and is projected to lose 15% in sales. Their number one problem according to a report I saw on CNBC, is customer satisfaction.

In my opinion, it couldn't happen to a better car company. Maybe now, they will listen. However for me I will never own another one.

Presley348
09-19-2004, 08:37 PM
I have had four transmissions in my S-type 2000 with 40,000 miiles. I have complained to Jaguar and have had several "executives" contact me. All to tell me that they take no resposiblilty for this car even thought TWO Jaguar service centers have told me that the car is a lemon. I have paid over $8,000 for repairs. I have sent two certified letters to Jaguar North American headquarters in Irvine Ca.

Jaguar doesn't care about its customer's after they have purchased the car. Just check the numerous forums to find this to be true. For one common problem, Jaguar has even suggested "rocking the car" !

I have tried to tell this company that its customers do not live in vacuums. That they will tell their friends about this uncaring car company. I myself tell people to consider another car when thinking about purchasing a Jaguar. It is a beautiful car I admit but heaven help you if you have a problem.

Now I see Jaguar is pulling out of F1 and is projected to lose 15% in sales. Their number one problem according to a report I saw on CNBC, is customer satisfaction.

In my opinion, it couldn't happen to a better car company. Maybe now, they will listen. However for me I will never own another one.
================================================== =====

Dear LadyJag:

A family member of mine just purchase a 2004 s type Jag, and funny thing happened during the test drive, (with the salesman at Hennessy Jaguar in Atlanta, GA). I asked the salesmen do you have any major problems with these Jag's?

Out of the blue he said, "Not much, but they was problems with most all 2000, 01 Jaguar S type transmissions, and that Jaguar now uses a German Transmission Company, in fact he said the same transmission company that BMW uses, and so far there has been no more major transmission problems, from 2002, 03 and now 04".

After reading your story, I wish now my family member did not purchase the 2004 Jaguar, and purchased the BMW 6 series, if this is the kind of problems that could arise on their Jaguar too, but regardless I do wish you the best in getting your transmission problem resolved by Jaguar.:grinno: (Be sure to keep us here at the forum updated on what happens to your 2000 Jaguar transmission issue, so we will know what to expect if the problem ever arises for any of us or our familles).

Sincerely,
Presley348

57JagXKSS
03-01-2005, 01:49 AM
"Jaguar doesn't care about its customer's after they have purchased the car."

Have you interviewed every owner of 2004 and 2005 Jaguar XJs to prove your assumption?

Add your comment to this topic!